Chilling Saturday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,859
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
We are all full of man flu - so cancelled weekend away, so log burner already lit and just watched get shorty

Now time for a bath

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Enjoying a slowish start, I’ve finally shaken the manflu, now the wife has a cold. Need to go and get a parcel from the P.O. and pick up some bread shortly. Later is taking the old dear out. Daughter may come if she is vertical by then.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,515
    'ning

nippy sunrise ride followed by brekkie al fresco

may spend rest of the day warming up
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,312
    I hope it wasn't my shorty they were trying to get.

It's dull. Duller than dull but not wet. Hoping beyond hope that the OH has something lined up for the toots so I can go pedal. Perhaps I should think of something. Can you think of anything?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    In town waiting for two new tyres to be fitted on the family-mobile. Having coffee and bacon sarnie in the meantime. Stupid dry cleaners have managed to lose my stuff; if they can't find it by next week they'll be getting a bill.

Later is some footy apparently.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    ....and of course, the lost clothing was personally tailored in Saville Row.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    ....and of course, the lost clothing was personally tailored in Saville Row.
    How did you know what I told her?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Temporary hiatus in ongoing window work, run out of silicone, where's a D-list cleb when you need one? Coffee and cake stop while waiting for missus to collect on way past local DIY shed.

Took bleepin' ages to get beading off yesterday, to reveal original fitter had sized old panel tight in wooden frame, no spacers or locator blocks anywhere. Now what might happen if you tight fit a double glazing unit in an external timber frame exposed to weather and water, even if frames are hardwood? That's right, wood swells, moves and pops the double glazing. Numpty.

Some damage to the hardwood beading which I'm reusing hence the silicones. As if anyone cares.

Delays mean prob postpone ride until tomorrow. Forecast still showing dry.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Chanelling V68 - slow start to Saturday... mainly because there was a heavy shower of rain to start, but soon gone.

Took my Mum out for lunch and stuff, then an afternoon of cutting up firewood for next season. Late walk up the back yard for a nice view.

45447101641_efb6314a3c_b.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Chanelling V68 - slow start to Saturday... mainly because there was a heavy shower of rain to start, but soon gone.

Took my Mum out for lunch and stuff, then an afternoon of cutting up firewood for next season. Late walk up the back yard for a nice view.

45447101641_efb6314a3c_b.jpg
    Stop tormenting us with nice landscape pics WS. Especially when our weather is busy descending into darkness and wetness.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stop tormenting us with nice landscape pics WS. Especially when our weather is busy descending into darkness and wetness.

Ditto. He's too far away to slap, unfortunately.
  • Wow wheelspinner, great pic.
    Had a lie in today for the first time in years (literally). Felt much the worse for it. Went for a walk on a stunning day - warm and dry, cool in the shade.
    Made a chicken curry which should feed an army which we can tackle tomorrow and freeze the rest. Our freezers are groaning with scran but my hibernation instinct tells me to make more food :|
    Now having some overpriced beer and then on to steak and chips for tea.
    I might get a treader out tomorrow for a wee ride to the pub.
    Winter drawers on. Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Lovely day in the smoke. Took the old dear up to town for a walk, rather a lot of people around.
    Nice pic WS, a lot to be said for a slow start.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Lovely day in the smoke. Took the old dear up to town for a walk, rather a lot of people around.
    Apparently 700,000 turned up for that peoples' march about another referendum. No wonder it was a bit busy up in town.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Urgh.
    5 hours after a 0.6 mile race as and I'm still coughing. Didn't even do particularly well.
    Trying to sort it out with a good curry.
    1 down 2 to go.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Apparently 700,000 turned up for that peoples' march about another referendum. No wonder it was a bit busy up in town.
    That’s a lot of people. Somehow I think they’re wasting their time. Nice to hear about your stroll with your old mum V68, you got to cherish those moments.
    As I’ve had me tea, love and peace to all. We have more in common than the supposed things that separate us.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Indeed, that was the stroll I took her on. She was keen to go so I took her up. As BBG says I doubt it will change anything but it was good to get the old dear out doing something. Also good that she’s still got a bit of fire in her belly.
    Quite a few old folk out there protesting which was good to see. A hell of a lot of people and the whole thing was very polite from what I saw.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Indeed, that was the stroll I took her on. She was keen to go so I took her up. As BBG says I doubt it will change anything but it was good to get the old dear out doing something. Also good that she’s still got a bit of fire in her belly.
    Quite a few old folk out there protesting which was good to see. A hell of a lot of people and the whole thing was very polite from what I saw.
    We were out yesterday (not London) and there were a group of people out trying to convince people that we should leave the EU.
    Maybe news hasn't reached there yet.