friday with neither position nor momentum

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,514
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, nip up to hs for dentist and finally freedom from 3d printed snack impeding aligners, hurrah, cafe, wfh, early bail

considering amassing large port and bubbly stockpile in case of brexit disruption
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Morning

Feeling iffy this morning, hopefully it's just lack of food.
    Off to Derbyshire later for a weekend of hill climbs.
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning. Last day in Manc land thank god, getting sick of pig based breakfast and no bike.
    Shame they got rid of the mobikes, you could've pinched one and started a 1 man riot.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Lots of mini man flu epidemics over the last few months and managed to avoid the full it, think this time it’s got me :(

WFH as I planned to go out on the fun bike later, might not happen now, nevertheless will make to the party in the pub later
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle, where's the hill climbs, monsal head by any chance.
    Nah, Monsal Head was a few weeks ago (didn't go). Holly Lane, Riber and Bank Road :cry:
    Need to try not to come last in all 3.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    considering amassing large port and bubbly stockpile in case of brexit disruption
    Wise. I shall be laying in a half dozen cases of my favourite gear from Languedoc/Roussillon between now and March. My go-to merchant for the region thinks he will have to shut up shop. He's just a one man band, no way he can absorb the costs. :x
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning,

Yet another wedding this weekend, I enjoy the drinking but it gets in the way of cycling too much. I want a nice weekend at home to go and torture myself on a 160km gravel loop from the house rather than pretending to be sociable whilst necking bottles of wine.

Office day today, no work will be done
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Military coup required to prevent disruption to supplies of wines and beers Belgian. C'mon Brig. Cholmondeley-Warner, do your duty to queen and country.

Today will attempt finally to replace blown double glazing panel in kitchen window, a mere 20 months on, having at last got hold of all required bits and pieces.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    If people got organised and went across La Manche on mass booze cruises, there's no way customs would cope.

Nippy here. Might light the wood burner. Was planning a decent wobbly wobble but the skies look heavy and the wind is up. Should have gone yesterday. Roller session methinks.

Toots are off to some organised activities which leaves me a free man for a few hours.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing, full ride in this morning on No.2 bike, watched the fog decent as the sun came up which was nice, went from thick fog at home to no fog and then thick fog at work.

Will be spending the morning resting my ears for the afternoon dealing with loud Americans, urgh.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Had to wobble in on the pub hack as I had to carry my large motorcycle lock and chain in with me, unfortunately bikes have been banned from the building as some idiots were leaving them across fire exits and stuff. Lock will be left here, hopefully the combination of that and a D lock will deter local scrotes from pinching my bike.
    Just had some cake as one of the girls is leaving accounts, this is very sad as she is rather easy on the eye. Later will be pig based products in the cafe.
    Last Fryday in the sales office, enjoying telling customers I'm sick of dealing with them.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle, hats off to you, I'm happy to just ride up any of them without stopping so to race up them confirms your insanity.
    We'll see if I can ride all the way up any of them...
    I bought a smaller chainring because I am weak.

I think TLW still owns the insanity crown for the ultramathon.
  • tlw1
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle, hats off to you, I'm happy to just ride up any of them without stopping so to race up them confirms your insanity.
    We'll see if I can ride all the way up any of them...
    I bought a smaller chainring because I am weak.

I think TLW still owns the insanity crown for the ultramathon.
    Yours is more dangerous - you are riding slowly near oxoman...... you ever wondered why that’s his user name :)
  • pinno
    Oh yes, TLW is the King Nutter around here.

Who the heck would nick that heap of yours VN?
    Surely now that you have achieved executive status, you'll have your own private bike rack.
  • Afternoon slackers, back driving the desk after two weeks of jury service. Managed a run this morning and I suppose I should as I've stupidly entered a marathon in April :shock:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Afternoon slackers, back driving the desk after two weeks of jury service. Managed a run this morning and I suppose I should as I've stupidly entered a marathon in April :shock:
    :lol:
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    In my defence I was drunk when I entered the ultra
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Without a doubt.
    Pinno wrote:
    Who the heck would nick that heap of yours VN?
    Have you seen the locals of Hanworth?
    Pinno wrote:
    Surely now that you have achieved executive status, you'll have your own private bike rack.
    Sideways move, no responsibility or power. But mainly no customers. :lol:
    Managed a run this morning and I suppose I should as I've stupidly entered a marathon in April :shock:
    That would normally appear to be a bloody stupid thing to do, but such is TLW's stupidity that suddenly doesn't seem too bad. :lol:
  • The worst part is, I've spent £55 on it which could have gone on gin!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    The worst part is, I've spent £55 on it which could have gone on gin!
    £35 is the going rate around here: https://www.excaliburmarathon.com/
    Could've saved yourself £20 for a camelback full of gin.
  • tlw1
    The worst part is, I've spent £55 on it which could have gone on gin!
    £35 is the going rate around here: https://www.excaliburmarathon.com/
    Could've saved yourself £20 for a camelback full of gin.
    That’s sounds like a great plan
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    sungod wrote:
    I'm doing something similar but with cars and skiing holidays.

Had my annual BUPA medical where I learned I was not in danger of imminent death and shockingly did rather well on the bike test. The 'health advisor' was quite easy on the eye as well but it didn't seem to cause any problems with my blood pressure readings. Just mopping up at work (figuratively speaking) then it's a pedal home through the gathering gloom in time for cider o'clock.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That would normally appear to be a bloody stupid thing to do, but such is TLW's stupidity that suddenly doesn't seem too bad. :lol:

Yep, set a bench mark. Now even HD is having a go at being silly but he will still be 26 miles off top nutter status.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yep, set a bench mark. Now even HD is having a go at being silly but he will still be 26 miles off top nutter status.
    I dunno, I've managed more than that. Although I was on a bike.

Last email of the day was the announcement of mandatory attendance at a 3 hour 'dignity at work' workshop. Really handy when you're busy - thanks HR :roll:

The good news is I'm going out for a celebratory beer with the locals after banishing the chavs from next door. One of them owns a stake in a micro brewery in South East London so we're trying to organise a p1ss up there :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    What a good idea. Imagine: sometime in the future, you'll actually be able to say "...[once upon a time] we had a p1ss up in a brewery..." or "...[such n such] organised a p1ss up in a brewery".
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    What a good idea. Imagine: sometime in the future, you'll actually be able to say "...[once upon a time] we had a p1ss up in a brewery..." or "...[such n such] organised a p1ss up in a brewery".
    Exactamundo. Let's hope we can actually organise it...
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Or the delicious irony if you fail to get it organised.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Pity the guy who fails as organiser.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Meh, pity? That sort of failure usually results in a promotion or a sideways move at worst.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Meh, pity? That sort of failure usually results in a promotion or a sideways move at worst.
    Sounds like you'd make a good organiser :wink:
  • veronese68
    I nearly failed to organise a pissup in a brewery. I had a voucher for a tour that expires in October, with recent events I nearly forgot. Managed to call them and book it yesterday morning. Must have been the day for organising such events.