Rockshox reverb problem

krel
krel Posts: 25
edited October 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
After recently sending my reverb away to be serviced by rockshox I've been having problems with it, when I first fitted and bled the reverb it worked fine but then would only extend and compress when the speed dial was at its fastest setting, I've bled and rebled about 4 times and I'm still having the same problem any advice ?

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    I have used this guide from the SRAM website
    https://www.sram.com/sites/default/file ... _rev_a.pdf

It mentions two things that may be of assistance to you (below) but I recommend that you download the whole thing and then follow it precisely.

The two things:
    1) Don't confuse the bleed screws. They are tiny but they are different in small but very important details. (I made that mistake and a Reverb was almost written off as a consequence).
    2) There are some very specific things to do with the remote to bleed air bubbles. (items 10 & 11 in the guide - do them!)
  • krel
    krel Posts: 25
    Ive been very careful with the bleed screws and i have followed the same guide each and every time ive done the bleed, i will do the bleed again but its driving me crackers !
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Send it back to RockShox and explain the problems have only occurred after they serviced it.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009