Thursday nearly over the line

thistle_
thistle_ Posts: 7,121
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning

Looks nippy outside. Might be time for the long sleeved jersey.

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it is nippy this morning, but a good day is forecast, really need to visit the barbers
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yep cold out, my tea was cool way too soon walking the hound

Meeting day, thankfully getting close to the weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    On train into The Big Smoke. Meeting the boss this morning after his travels as he want to discuss 'a risky strategy' to get one of our further flung operations out of the doo-doo. I predict a fun day ahead...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    today sucks. lets see if it gets better but i doubt it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    Had to scrape the ice of the car windscreen this morning.
    Took the big bike for a spin through the fields to halfway to work. Cold, but worth it.
    Hopefully it's sloshed what's left of the tyre sealant around so it might go flat a bit slower.
  • Matthewfalle
    currently drinking coffee whilst watching a man paint a wall at the top of a 90m tower while standing on two ladders held together by some old rope.

thats going to end well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Might buy a set of sintered brake pads for my front brake today. That's how exciting I am. I am hoping they sound like a goose being murdered, while a fox and a tomcat howl nearby. Also, I hope they last a bit longer than normal organic ones - which seem to turn into cheese during the dark, wet and dirty months.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Had to drop the female child off in Worcester Park this morning so thought I'd give the Mini a spin as it hasn't moved for quite a while. Thankfully it started and ran alright, need to do a few jobs on it before the girl starts learning in December. :shock:
    Hoping for a quiet day today, bit rumbly down below after beer and curry last night. Be glad you're not sharing an office with me.
    Honking brakes are good for warning podestrians you're coming H³.
    Onwards and upwards.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Late morning, busy one today as has been most of the week annoyingly, no coffee today some weird matcha green tea thing I found to flavour the hot water, do not recommend it.

Many random things to do today need to buy some new pads for No.2 bike as the blocks have basically died, No.1 bike got treated to a rim change for winter but it can be ran tubeless so looking at moving to that new fangled thing. Dog needs a new bed shes getting too big for it to be honest an I need to find some non ridged roof tiles as one escaped an shattered over night, urgh onward!

H3, honking brakes along with a scream I find provide around 90% guaranteed plodostrian movement, the remaining 10% are hipster headphone wearers who are useful when you need to stop quickly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Any closer to buying some MID SECTION hoops TLW?

Bright and sunny start here. What a beautiful day. Forecast tomorrow is the same so somehow, i'll have to find something for the girls to do so I can get freedom to go pedal tomorrow.
    Porker passed it's MOT. Yippee. Might go the slightly longer route and get my wheels balanced.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Ooh, Bungle's started a new thread. Get the popcorn ready, how long until it belongs in the Kicking Off thread?
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    H3, honking brakes along with a scream I find provide around 90% guaranteed plodostrian movement, the remaining 10% are hipster headphone wearers
    Or angry dog walkers (this morning).
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Step83 wrote:
    H3, honking brakes along with a scream I find provide around 90% guaranteed plodostrian movement, the remaining 10% are hipster headphone wearers
    Or angry dog walkers (this morning).

They usually just deploy super wide dog lead thinking it will somehow stop the bike, A few have since realised it doesnt.
  • Matthewfalle
    soooooo tired.

just got 6,000 things to do including having a haircut and packing then i can have a beer and watch trash on the tv before going to bed too late and regretting it in the morning.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Where are you off to?
    Has it been signed off?
    Who takes care of las infantes?
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Where are you off to?
    Has it been signed off?
    Who takes care of las infantes?

1. dump full of people I have no interest in spending time with. i'm sure there will be some amusing moments and some really nice people but i'm really struggling to see how this little jape benefits me in any way apart from to make me even more tired than i am.

2. i think so. i'm just following orders, guv. i'm just there to put plasters on people when it all goes wrong.

3. TDV flies in tomorrow from wherever she is (which, flippancy aside, i'm not sure where she is or why) and i fly out Sat a.m. Currently she's on the first of three flights totalling just over 24hours. The bambini will be all hers from Sat morn. We'll have sen each other for 2 1/2 days this month and I'm away until tenth-ish November (hopefully back earlier!).

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Evening all
    Pinno, don’t be too soft on MF, he had time to add to an inane post I placed earlier. MF, stop being idle and get a grip. Other military cliches abound. My old favourite: can’t means won’t; won’t means jail :D
    Another boring day done. Work done, more tomorrow and it will be tiresome. Had a Doom Bar and steak pasty for me tea with veggies and gravy. With some red wine.
    Watching this BBC programme on the ambulance service and, having spent last weekend with cops and fire service peeps, not envying a bit of that.
    Laters
    **added for MF: they can f*** you again and again, but they can’t make you pregnant. Chin up**
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    This one BBG?
    ...das ist einen poopenseaten, ja?

You are right.
    Get a grip ffs MF, your getting paid to put plasters on and put up with morons and you'll, be back in less than 4 weeks at my expense.
  • Matthewfalle
    Evening all
    Pinno, don’t be too soft on MF, he had time to add to an inane post I placed earlier. MF, stop being idle and get a grip. Other military cliches abound. My old favourite: can’t means won’t; won’t means jail :D
    Another boring day done. Work done, more tomorrow and it will be tiresome. Had a Doom Bar and steak pasty for me tea with veggies and gravy. With some red wine.
    Watching this BBC programme on the ambulance service and, having spent last weekend with cops and fire service peeps, not envying a bit of that.
    Laters
    **added for MF: they can f*** you again and again, but they can’t make you pregnant. Chin up**

inane? i thought it wasgenius

#teutonichumour

agree re ambo - have done civvie ambo for too long. its a right pain

#ohnotyouagain

many thanks for the post though - raised a smile here :)

#whatstheworsethatcanhappen?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pinno wrote:
    This one BBG?

You are right.
    Get a grip ffs MF, your getting paid to put plasters on and put up with morons and you'll, be back in less than 4 weeks at my expense.
    Yeah, and I think the phrase needs work (verk?). More to be mined there perhaps. Stop reading the Daily Mail Pinno, think about your blood pressure.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    This one BBG?

You are right.

i never thought about it like that.

danke schoen for the rubbish food in advance

#anyonegotanycrisps?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    This one BBG?

You are right.
    Yeah, and I think the phrase needs work (verk?). More to be mined there perhaps. Stop reading the Daily Mail Pinno, think about your blood pressure.

If I actually read the Daily Heil, I would be dead. All I have to do is look at the damn things on the news stand at the checkout and I have palpitations.
    Oh and please Santa, give me 10 minutes in a locked room with Piers Morgan armed with a baseball bat with spikes on it.
  • Pinno wrote:
    This one BBG?

You are right.

#anyonegotanycrisps?
    My village social club does Space Raiders and Nik Naks. And mahoosive bags of beefy Hula Hoops. Any good?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    This one BBG?

You are right.

If I actually read the Daily Heil, I would be dead. All I have to do is look at the damn things on the news stand at the checkout and I have palpitations.
    Oh and please Santa, give me 10 minutes in a locked room with Piers Morgan armed with a baseball bat with spikes on it.
    Apologies, misread. MF going away to fight for Queen (stand up) and country is a matter for rejoicing. A true Grauniad reader would be wringing their hands at the absurd expense of it all.
    Wonder if MF is going somewhere that starts with “O” and ends in “n”?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    This one BBG?

You are right.

Apologies, misread. MF going away to fight for Queen (stand up) and country is a matter for rejoicing. A true Grauniad reader would be wringing their hands at the absurd expense of it all.
    Wonder if MF is going somewhere that starts with “O” and ends in “n”?

Why is it tgat when i read "begins with an O and ends in an N my first thought was "Orangutan".

#givehimabrainandhe'llbedangerous

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I did too.

Are you going to Oban?
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    This one BBG?

You are right.

#anyonegotanycrisps?
    My village social club does Space Raiders and Nik Naks. And mahoosive bags of beefy Hula Hoops. Any good?

pickled onion space raiders?

pwwwwwoooarrrr. imagine TDN in a freshly ironed lab coat bringing you pickled onion nik naks.

#stuffoffantasies

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    I did too.

Are you going to Oban?

is that by glasgow?

if so - phukkk that. thats well dangerous

#anyonegotasparetank?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pinno wrote:
    I did too.

Are you going to Oban?

is that by glasgow?

if so - phukkk that. thats well dangerous

#anyonegotasparetank?
    The army has loads of tanks, don’t know if they work. At least they did when I was in. None of ours worked anyway. I’ll get back to you on the Nik Naks, think all of the good flavours have gone by now.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Oban is benign. Where you really want to go is Easterhouse.
    If you've never been to Oban, then take Bambina and Bambino up there camping. It's a stunning part of the UK.