Giant TCR Advanced sizing

sampras38
sampras38 Posts: 1,917
edited October 2018 in Road buying advice
Hi all

Buying a Giant online and wondered how accurate the sizing was?

Can appreciate some frames seem to come up a little out either way so if anyone has any experience of owning a Giant TCR Advanced and can offer any comments, much appreciated.

Based on their charts I'm an M/L (just under 6ft, 32 inseam with shoes.

thanks

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Best thing is to look at stack and reach measurements and compare them to your existing bike.

ML sounds about right to me, I'm 6ft4 and ride an L.
  • Im 5ft10 and a half,medium fits me well,m/l seems about right for just under6ft
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,583
    I'm slightly shorter than you but slightly longer legs and I find the m/l to be just right.
  • I'm 6' with same inseam and have an M/L. I love it.
  • minnnt
    minnnt Posts: 102
    5’ 11” and went for M/L. Great size for me and a lovely bike to ride. Shame I don’t ride it more often tbh.
  • Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    5ft 10 and ride a M. At 6ft I would say M/L unless you want a really low position.
  • sampras38
    Thanks all, going for the ML
  • sampras38
    DonBoogie wrote:
    I'm 6' with same inseam and have an M/L. I love it.

Did you use many spacers?
  • sampras38
    minnnt wrote:
    5’ 11” and went for M/L. Great size for me and a lovely bike to ride. Shame I don’t ride it more often tbh.

My ML's arrived and fits well. Came with a 110mm stem which was too long, switched to 100mm.

All good.
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Hi
    What type of riding are you doing on it? I'm watching one on ebay while I wait for job offers.
    It's medium as I'm 5 10 with 31 leg.
    Will be mainly training and 100k ish sportives.
    Dave
  • sampras38
    david7m wrote:
    Hi
    What type of riding are you doing on it? I'm watching one on ebay while I wait for job offers.
    It's medium as I'm 5 10 with 31 leg.
    Will be mainly training and 100k ish sportives.
    Dave

Mostly UK Sportives, Dragon etc. I've done 4 Marmottes and may try the Maratona next year. Sportives are 100 mile plus.

I also have Dolan SL with Dura Ace throughout, nice bike. The TCR is a similar geometry to my Dolan but just a litle higher at the front. Not quite so aggressive.