Cyclocross Shoes

Shaun67
Shaun67 Posts: 219
edited January 2019 in Cyclocross
What cyclocross shoes are you wearing ?

I'm currently using a pair of Bont Riot+ and to be honest, I hate them.
they're note very comfortable, they're not very nice to run in and the
grip is poor !

Would love to hear some recommendations.

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    S Works XC, best I've used.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    I use Shimano XC5 shoes. No complaints with them, they're great and even look good.
  • VamP
    VamP Posts: 674
    Riot + is that a road shoe? Any MTB shoe that fits you well should be a massive improvement.

Also use the S works XC shoe, they are very good, but only if they fit you.
  • Shaun67
    Shaun67 Posts: 219
    The MTB version of the Riot+
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    S-Works XC here too. No need to spend that much money though. Used to use Sidi Dominators (wide version) which were also good.

You need to be able to fit some form of toe stud (football boot studs are fine) - without those, slippery run-ups can be interesting...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,826
    Depends what shoes fit your feet.

Over the years I’ve tried lots of different shoe brands and Shimano just suit my feet the best. That’s why all my shoes are now Shimano. My current mtb shoes are Shimano xc51 but the mrs has given me the green light to get some new ones so going for the new Shimano xc7s.

The Shimano shoes have been perfectly fine and I’ve never thought I’ve needed different shoes (which I take as a good sign)
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • shawny
    shawny Posts: 33
    Shimano XC7, can’t fault them. They also have fittings to take 2 studs
  • Giro privateers here. I’d prefer a boa system but can’t fault these. Toe studs and soft enough sole to run in.
  • Mccrear
    Mccrear Posts: 256
    Sworks Xc here that got for a steal off eBay (hilarious story about bidding against my bro, fontmoss, without either of us realising it) which are superb, but you HAVE to try them on first - first pair I got were unwearably stiff as a smidge too tight. Had northwave hammers as well which are also great but boa FTW when doing so much running. Ability to gently loosen is a godsend
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    I've got some Lake MX237 which I really like, wide enough too which seems rare, though I think I did get a 0.5 size too big.