'ning

extremely soggy out, invasion of welsh weather from the look of it

don't fancy a bike based drenching, may go to gym

meh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Seems like rain is stopping play in lot of places including here. Good day for a CX race though, as Veronese and Hoppy will be finding out shortly.

Not got masses planned for today as lots of jobs were done yesterday and I even managed to squeeze in a run with Stropteen. Cheered me up that I was still faster than her :) Now time for coffee while Muttley snoozes and the girls are out of the house for a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Teeming it down. Planned long ride scuppered. Now seconded on to roast pig duty (which I have to say I do rather well) for a trad winter Sunday lunch with assorted family.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You're taking belongings to Manc land Oxo?!

Very squishy underfoot today but it has stopped raining.
    Yesterday's electrical sort problem conundrum ended at 10pm last night, so i'm a bit worse for wear.

Last of the big races today. Bit sad really.

Fiver VN bales out early.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pinno wrote:

Yesterday's electrical sort problem conundrum ended at 10pm last night, so i'm a bit worse for wear.

Laters.
    What big race. Lombardia was yesterday.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    The weather is doing the exact opposite of what the forecast said down to the hour so that's today's riding plans all messed up.

Have modded a 10p power bank instead. Just charging it up keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't catch fire, then off to the tip with a load of cardboard boxes for recycling.

Need to tidy up the porch too. The shoe dryer is arriving today.
  • Afternoon all.

What a life of cosy domesticity we all lead. Where did it all go wrong?
    Laundry and ironing done - wish I’d thought of a CX race to get out of it :roll:
    Beers and washing up next.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cx race done. Recce lap was dryish, then the heavens opened as we shivered on the start line. The course slowly turned into a layer of slime on top of quite firm ground. Great laugh. I think I was only lapped by the top 10 or so riders. Now, if i could only handle my bike better, dismount and remount properly, and was fitter, I could probably avoid being lapped at all. Maybe.

V68 did not bail. Stuck it out to the bitter end.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Cx race done. Recce lap was dryish, then the heavens opened as we shivered on the start line. The course slowly turned into a layer of slime on top of quite firm ground. Great laugh. I think I was only lapped by the top 10 or so riders. Now, if i could only handle my bike better, dismount and remount properly, and was fitter, I could probably avoid being lapped at all. Maybe.

You hung around long enough to watch him finish then?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I had to, he was giving me a lift home... :wink:
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I had to, he was giving me a lift home... :wink:
    Good work chaps, bit extreme to get out of peeling some potatoes for lunch, but I admire your work avoidance. In a way.
    Just think, in that time me and TLW could have got through a firkin of ale.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    Webboo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.
    What big race. Lombardia was yesterday.

Yeah :roll: But I did watch the highlights and I did avoid any spoilers.
    hopkinb wrote:

So now he's too farked to post!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Woohoo, Piña owes me a fiver!
    Been busy until just now, had to feed the womenfolk when I got in then various other bits the Mrs can’t do at the moment. Only just sat down. Need to start cooking again in a bit.
    That was good fun, but knackering even at my pace. Unfit, still snotty and a lack of skill and grip made it harder work than some made it look. Will do it again I’m sure.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao! just arrived home from bumpiest flights the world has ever seen. now eating pizza, drinking vino rosso and watching pirates of the caribbean avec les bambini and das hound.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    ciao! just arrived home from bumpiest flights the world has ever seen. now eating pizza, drinking vino rosso and watching pirates of the caribbean avec les bambini and das hound.

Just about to leave on what will be a bumpy flight I expect, quite breezy out, and loads of hilly bits underneath means a circus ride for the first 10 minutes.

Great weekend of perfect weather, pottered about garden, some walks. Dog appears to need a chiropractor, had a lovely run around the paddock in the morning, now seems to have a sore neck. Hmmmm. :?

Back to work though this week.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle

Just about to leave on what will be a bumpy flight I expect, quite breezy out, and loads of hilly bits underneath means a circus ride for the first 10 minutes.

Great weekend of perfect weather, pottered about garden, some walks. Dog appears to need a chiropractor, had a lovely run around the paddock in the morning, now seems to have a sore neck. Hmmmm. :?

Back to work though this week.

i don't want to sound like a kock or a member of the po face community but it was well sketchy - sketchiest I've ever been in. it was a good job i was wearing my top gun tshirt otherwise i'm sure the plane would have crashed.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Meh. Bruce Willis would not have had this problem.
    The washing up went off without a problem, just so you know. I did it in me t- shirt and Mrs BBGeek had to close the blinds so the locals didn’t get too frothy :wink:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    edited October 2018
    Probably should have put some trousers on BBG.

Edited due to autocorrect
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Probably put have put some trousers on BBG.
    The local girls eyes ain’t painted on. Well done V68 for the racin’.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Probably put have put some trousers on BBG.
    The local girls eyes ain’t painted on. Well done V68 for the racin’.
    Others were racing, I was making up the numbers. But thanks anyway.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Don't you feel guilty bankrupting him like that? He'll have to sell his Merc to pay you now.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Don't you feel guilty bankrupting him like that? He'll have to sell his Merc to pay you now.
    You’ll have to mail him back £4.50
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You’ll have to mail him back £4.50
    OK, he'll have to sell the Merc and the Porker. That's harsh.
  • Matthewfalle
    at least it saves him the hassle of having to torch them both.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I popped down to Ladbrokes and they refuse to pay out.
  • veronese68
    You’ve lived in Sweatland too long, you’re as tight as they are.
  • pinno
    Little wonder - the odds were 5000/1.
  • Overall I’d say a victory for v68.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Busy but fun day that involved beer, bikes, beer and friends - perfect