Wednesday is pubday

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,252
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
Where is everybody? Surely I can't be the first one awake. 6 Music were playing There's a Guy Works Down the Chip Shop this morning, now have quite a pleasant ear worm.
Bit fresh riding through the park this morning, otherwise remarkably pleasant. Still got this lurgy, just can't shake it. Struggle to breathe after riding for a few minutes. This does not bode well for Sunday, even coming last may be aiming too high I fear.
Pesky people talking to me whilst I'm trying to post, I suspect I will have been pipped to the post by the time I finish this.
More tea is needed. Today being Wednesday I will of course be headed to the pub later.
Onwards and upwards...

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

today's motivation has just been snatched from beneath me, like a magician's cheap tablecloth from a dinner set.

intend to do less than nothing today.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    just going for a shower and a coffee. intend to do no work upon my return.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    . Hit the ground running this morning and only just slowed down to catch my breath.

are you a paratrooper?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    On a go slow this morning. It was a bit foggy this morning, but like my head it's starting to clear now.

Was planning on riding the mountainous route to work this morning but decided I didn't have time so went a shorter, flatter route which ended up taking about the same time.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Mrs H3 is off to Ibiza for friend's birthday. I'm not. I'll be here. Hopefully all the childcare will be in place for the cx race with V68 on Sunday.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Work meh improved by a split foggy commute. Meant to be out later but childcare issues means the wife is going with her mate
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Beautiful day, managed to make sure I was out of the office for the last two dreadful days and in the office today though which was silly. That said, I'm probably going to get home earlier from here to take the new bike out. I've been out for the last two nights on it despite severe weather warnings, might be a pleasant change tonight. About to order some winter shoes. CX/gravel/fat tyre off road-road bikes are great fun, almost as good as mountain biking...

Also my new watch arrived, seems to hold it's time/charge pretty well so far
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, slightly misty start smell of poo around the office today someones blocked it.

Meantime coffee an lurk outside long as I can manage
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    turbo before "work" this morning so legs are a little tired and stairs aren't fun.

Need to find new and exciting places to browse on the internet that aren't blocked at work for today - another tough day!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    HaydenM wrote:
    CX/gravel/fat tyre off road-road bikes are great fun, almost as good as mountain biking...
    Why not go mountain biking then? :)

I'm keeping the forum productivity average up this morning - especially if productivity involves putting idiots right. It's now like a summers day in The Big Smoke - it's going to be a nice ride home. Onwards to stuffing my face and making up this morning's calorie deficit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Mrs H3 is off to Ibiza for friend's birthday. I'm not. I'll be here. Hopefully all the childcare will be in place for the cx race with V68 on Sunday.
    You and V are having a CX race..why am I not invited to participate in the 'old farts challenge'? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    V and I are participating in the same race, organised by Kingston Wheelers. I can dig out the link if you like?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    V and I are participating in the same race, organised by Kingston Wheelers. I can dig out the link if you like?
    It's OK - I'm kind of short of a CX bike as well as fitness. First time I read that sounded like it was some sort of private race to settle a bet. I prefer cider personally.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    You and V are having a CX race..why am I not invited to participate in the 'old farts challenge'? :)
    You were. Can't remember what day but I also said mountain bikes are allowed to enter. You can enter on the day but I wouldn't take a downhill bike.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    You were. Can't remember what day but I also said mountain bikes are allowed to enter. You can enter on the day but I wouldn't take a downhill bike.
    That's the trouble with being old, you forget things.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    HaydenM wrote:

Is it a Mickey Mouse one or a Scooby doo? Yikes.

Stunning day here. I hope I can get out for a pedal. Deep into MOT work on Porker.
    Adjusted bearings on front.
    Re-routed fuel lines and fixed them properly
    Adjusted n/s washer jet
    Removed o/s washer jet and replaced which required soldering wires
    Changed front o/s wiper arm
    Sorted horn

Need to go to local exhaust and tyre place to get a leaking exhaust flange sorted. It's a ss exhaust and I want to keep it...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Is it a Mickey Mouse one or a Scooby doo? Yikes.

Laters.

My Mum has a Mickey Mouse one that my Grandad gave her, it's a shame we don't have any proper family heirlooms really... At least none that I know of, my older brother will undoubtedly be given custody of anything worth having anyway :wink:

This watch is quite old and automatic, I'm surprised it even works
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I wouldn't take a downhill bike.
    You might be able to go through the stiles though rather than jumping off and going over them.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I wouldn't take a downhill bike.
    You might be able to go through the stiles though rather than jumping off and going over them.
    Getting it up the steps might be a problem unless there's someone with a Transit hanging around. :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    HaydenM wrote:
    ... At least none that I know of, my older brother will undoubtedly be given custody of anything worth having anyway :wink:

Do you want me to whack him?
    That's in the American sense of the word.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    ... At least none that I know of, my older brother will undoubtedly be given custody of anything worth having anyway :wink:

Do you want me to whack him?
    That's in the American sense of the word.

Yes please. He is actually on here, but doesn't venture to BB especially often as far as I can tell.
  • Matthewfalle
    spent all day in an indoor shooting range.

having now escaped, the natural light is making my head hurt so I think I will have a Pot Noodle.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.