2019 Tour du Rwanda Pro Cycling Race Experience

bensonthetiger
bensonthetiger Posts: 12
edited December 2018 in Pro race
I made a bid at a charity auction without first consulting my fiance, and quickly learned that this is not the trip for us. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how to find someone that may be interested in going on a cycling trip along with one of the professional cycling teams competing in the 2019 Tour du Rwanda?

If you have any suggestions for how I should approach finding someone to replace me, where to post, or if you know someone that may be interested, please reply with your advice!

The package I bought includes the following:

-Behind-the-Scenes Access to one of the world’s most challenging and breathtaking professional bike races -- Tour du Rwanda!
-Travel with Team Novo Nordisk as they compete in the Tour du Rwanda from February 24 - March 3, 2019*.
-Ride each stage before the pro race begins
-Be part of the excitement with two VIP passes for every stage (start & finish line)
-Hotel accommodations for all stages with Team Novo Nordisk at the official race hotel
-Dinner with the Team every evening
-Ride in the Team Novo Nordisk team car during one stage
-One Team Novo Nordisk and one Team Type 1 cycling kit
-Finish your unforgettable week in Rwanda with a silverback gorilla sightseeing excursion!

*Airfare not included.

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    hahaha that sounds awesome. Ill go in your place gladly
  • When you say "replace me" do you mean you are going to Rwanda and you need someone to occupy your fiance while you're away?
  • Vino'sGhost
    When you say "replace me" do you mean you are going to Rwanda and you need someone to occupy your fiance while you're away?

Thats a good point, hutu and tutsi machettes are one thing if its the Mrs I'm going to need a picture before agreeing :)
  • I mean I paid for this trip, and I'm not going, so I'm trying to find someone who is willing to buy the trip from me or replace my donation, in full or in part, with the nonprofit and go on the trip in my place.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Ill replace your very very generous donation in part.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    How much did you give for it, and how much do you want?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • How do you ride each stage before the pro race begins, and get to the start and finish?

Good luck finding someone - sounds like an awesome trip.
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    How much did you give for it, and how much do you want?

The price was $4500, so ideally I'd find someone to replace my entire donation, but ultimately, I'm just looking for the best offer. If you want to go ahead and make an offer, shoot me a private message.
    How do you ride each stage before the pro race begins, and get to the start and finish

You would be with the professional team's support staff, so I believe they're responsible for your transportation. Send me a private message if you think you'd be interested, and I can put you in touch with the person best able to answer any questions you may have.
    Ill replace your very very generous donation in part.

Shoot me a private message with what you are thinking, and I'll be in touch.
  • Okay, lowering price given the shrinking timeline, etc.

$2500 or best offer.
  • Some additional Q&As on the trip:
      *How exactly will people ride the route before the race starts?
    They get up early and ride before the stage start time. Stages don't start that early. They end at the finish line in time to watch the race finish.
      *How do you ride the route and make use of VIP passes at the start and finish of each stage? At what point do you ride in the team car and do you sacrifice riding one leg or seeing start/finish during this stage?
    If you ride, you cannot use the VIP passes at the start. You get to the finish in time to use them at the finish. Rides in cars will be planned on site based on race schedule.
      *When do I need to get there?
    The day before the race starts.
      *Once I get to Kigali, when/where do I go to hook up with the excursion? Or will I be completely taken care of once I get to Kigali and until they drop me off?
    We will pick you up at the airport or send a drive and take you back to the hotel, as well.
      *Pre-riding the stages - will they supply a bike?
    No. You need to bring our own bike.
      *Which stage do I get to ride in the team car?
    Will be decided onsite or closer to race time once exact schedule is known.
      *When is the Silverback expedition? (and more details, as in will Team Type 1 make all arrangements to get there)
    At the end of the race (unless something unique happens. TT1 handles those logistics.
      *Aside from the flights to Rwanda, are there additional transfers/travel required by the individuals within Rwanda upon arrival?
    No
      *Other than the flight, food and additional travel within Rwanda referenced in one question above, are there any other costs that someone interested in this trip should be aware of?
    Just the $30 entry visa upon arriving in Kigali and any money for incidentals and souvenirs.
      *The only other question I had was if you knew if any portion of a donation for this trip would be tax deductible.
    Yes. I can speak with the individual about what exactly is deductible.