my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning

cba Monday.
    Didn't get much sleep.
    Stomach hurts.
    Sore from riding yesterday - that's not normal, only did 40 miles.

Hopefully something exciting will happen later.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice to see Sungod back and in charge , cold and windy this morning , I Will be cycling in winter clothing today
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

cba so have just bought some JIS screwdrivers.

now i will drink some coffee
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Had to drive hopalong into work this morning and traffic was horrific, I really don't like sitting in traffic. Many years ago I was told how dangerous riding a motorcycle was, I replied that I had saved so much time not sitting in traffic I could afford to spend 2 weeks in hospital and I would still be up on the deal. The look of horror on the woman's face was priceless. Hate to think how much time people waste in traffic or watching reality telly.
    Hmm, JIS screwdrivers. Should really get one of them.
    Need to decide if I want to change jobs, think I might do as I've had enough of customers.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Feel remarkably good today, that cider last night really helped :)

Still can fit my feet into shoes so WFH today
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Need to decide if I want to change jobs, think I might do as I've had enough of customers.
    Everything would be much simpler without customers.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Poacher turned gamekeeper, I would become the customer. :twisted:
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Take the MF approach and give the second job to one of the other personalities you keep in the bottom drawer. Then you can haggle with yourself for a better deal and get paid twice. Win.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pretending to work, need to remember to post a shifter later that is about the high point of my day!

Looking forward to being able to cycle to work again at the new job although I timed it very badly with the dark and weather and cold!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    I love my classic orangy-yellow CK screwdrivers.

Meh. Sh1t day so far. Think i'll eat more toast.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Afternoon customer avoiders,

Luckily I don't have any real ones so that's a win.

Mrs. 666 seemed to think I could cancel going to a work finance conference (attendance compulsory) on account of she wants me to come home early one evening and look after the hound while she's out with Stropteen at some show. I politely declined to do this and pointed out that I'm not the only person on the planet who can dog sit with 5-6 weeks notice :roll:

Also thought I'd see if I could use a mates 'Friends and Family' discount on the car as he works for the UK head office. Dealer quite rightly told me no way as they'd already lost most of their margin (yeah, right) on the offer they gave me. Still, worth a shot and if you don't ask...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Take the MF approach and give the second job to one of the other personalities you keep in the bottom drawer. Then you can haggle with yourself for a better deal and get paid twice. Win.

a word of warning though: takes years of training, mentoring, support and encouragement to get the other personalities to all work together. it can seem a bit Minions at times but it will eventually work out.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    as an aside, I'm now sitting in a car park listening to local radio. bored.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hmm, JIS screwdrivers. Should really get one of them.

as i only need posi #1 &#2 no need for Snap On methinks. Shimano mechs and thats it really.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Chugging special brew with anubis over this end of town.
    Bl00dy busy. Rode bike to and from busyness. At least I'm banking quite a bit of flexi time. Minion starts in a week. Plotting what she can do for her first week so as not to scare her off.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Mrs. 666 seemed to think I could cancel going to a work finance conference (attendance compulsory) on account of she wants me to come home early one evening and look after the hound while she's out with Stropteen at some show. I politely declined to do this and pointed out that I'm not the only person on the planet who can dog sit with 5-6 weeks notice :roll:

Also thought I'd see if I could use a mates 'Friends and Family' discount on the car as he works for the UK head office. Dealer quite rightly told me no way as they'd already lost most of their margin (yeah, right) on the offer they gave me. Still, worth a shot and if you don't ask...
    Put the hound in a flouro jacket and pretend it's a guide dog. They can take it with them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Put the hound in a flouro jacket and pretend it's a guide dog. They can take it with them.
    A pair of shades and security staff who'll buy the story of a 'guide cockerpoo' is all we need for this to work :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Chugging special brew with anubis over this end of town.
    Bl00dy busy. Rode bike to and from busyness. At least I'm banking quite a bit of flexi time. Minion starts in a week. Plotting what she can do for her first week so as not to scare her off.
    You're drinking with an Egyptian God? Impressive, or someone has spiked your drinks.