3t bars

casatikid
casatikid Posts: 229
edited October 2018 in Road general
I’ve ordered a pair of 3t Ergonova carbon bars today from Merlin cycles at a knock down price. However, I need 46cm outside to outside and I’m not sure if Merlin meausure them from c to c, if so I may end up with a pair 46cm c to c.
So, I realised my mistake but the order had already been dispatched,so I thought, oh well I’ll just order the 44cm and return one.
Trouble is I didn’t have my glasses on and I’ve now ordered a bar called the Ernova?
Therefore, I’ve checked the differences between the two products and there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference,although in the write ups it states the ERNOVA is a couple of Gms lighter and the drops flare by 6 degrees and the drops are 123 mm compared to the ERGONOVAs 125mm.
Anyone any thoughts on these bars and will I notice a difference from one to the other. I’m currently using the ERGONOVA alloy on my bike and it’s a lovely feel/ fit.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Only you can tell if you notice the difference.

I accidentally bought some shallow drop bars as a schoolie. Didn't like them but lived with them for years ok. I didn't realise there were different drops.