Saturdays soundtrack is insomnia / keep on running

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,862
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
As I expected, shoot sleep, did expect more though :(

Hoping to drop back off for at least half an hour whilst watching gp practice soon, then I start shoving calories in

The rest of the day is running, each mile getting me closer to cider :)

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, looks like I will be decorating again, but should be finished for lunch time, raining very heavily and forecast all day, might just give the bikes a good clean this afternoon
    Have a good weekend
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Good luck TLW.

Chucking it down here too LD but Forecast says it's going to be nice later. Might go for a cheeky time trial this afternoon, if such a thing is possible.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

just waiting for coffee to chokka chokka chokka on the hob then off for a couple of hours on the bike.

chores and a trip to the gym will take up the rest of the day.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Good luck TLW. I reckon you're certifiable for doing an ultra marathon both fair play for doing it at your age :P

I've done my exercise for the week so today will be a normal Saturday, this one starting with with a full English brekky fest with a couple of mates in Beckenham. Later is jobs n stuff followed by footy watching.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    , then I start shoving calories in
    One dry potato inside?
  • Matthewfalle
    Morning, looks like I will be decorating again, but should be finished for lunch time, raining very heavily and forecast all day, might just give the bikes a good clean this afternoon
    Have a good weekend

Jane says she needs you to pop to the supermarket to get some milk.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    quick 40 completed at a metronomic tempo maintaing heart rate at required levels.

bizarrely some bloke road for 12 miles approx 10 feet behind me in complete silence. Random. No idea who it was but if it was me personally I would have got bored of looking at some geezer's backside after about 900 yards and pulled alongside for a chat. How strange.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    bizarrely some bloke road for 12 miles approx 10 feet behind me in complete silence. Random. No idea who it was
    Strava flyby? And give him a creepy kudos or comment?
  • thistle_
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Good luck TLW. I reckon you're certifiable for doing an ultra marathon both fair play for doing it at your age.
    Add paris-roubaix on a single speed to the list of offences.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    bizarrely some bloke road for 12 miles approx 10 feet behind me in complete silence. Random. No idea who it was
    Was he dressed all in black, big hood, carrying a scythe? Message there.

I have a candles on the cake day. Mega surprise yesterday when old pal from university days and his missus walked through the door, down to spend the weekend with us. Mrs O had been secret squirrel organising. Several beers been had already, today will be more of the same.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,529
    cold and gloomygrey out, bit of drizzle, rode up and down, and around and around, seems to be 20c cooler than i'd like, need to wear more, much more

had an extra brekkie to help ward off the near-arctic conditions
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441

Jane says she needs you to pop to the supermarket to get some milk.

Obviously MF you know how a woman’s brain works :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    orraloon wrote:
    Was he dressed all in black, big hood, carrying a scythe? Message there.

I have a candles on the cake day. Mega surprise yesterday when old pal from university days and his missus walked through the door, down to spend the weekend with us. Mrs O had been secret squirrel organising. Several beers been had already, today will be more of the same.
    Happy birthday, 'Loon.

Good day, loads of sunshine to loll about in this morning then some petrol-powered gardening tool activities this afternoon. Pizza for dinner. Win!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    ...bizarrely some bloke road for 12 miles approx 10 feet behind me in complete silence...

You pulled?

Sunny, chilly.
    Sorting, sorting, sorting, Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had, now at my Mum’s adding a few locks and stuff so she feels safer. Bloody wet and miserable out so I won’t be replacing the side gate today unfortunately.
    Off to Gloucester tomorrow to see bro in law, unfortunately I don’t think he’s going to last much longer. Lung cancer that’s spread to bones and liver, they gave upon his treatment a couple of weeks ago so not good at all. Not a good year to be related to me it seems.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    ...bizarrely some bloke road for 12 miles approx 10 feet behind me in complete silence...

You pulled?

Sunny, chilly.
    Sorting, sorting, sorting, Meh.

Laters.

not my sort - had a beard and arm and leg warmers all rolled down. looked like Wurzel Gummige ....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had, now at my Mum’s adding a few locks and stuff so she feels safer. Bloody wet and miserable out so I won’t be replacing the side gate today unfortunately.
    Off to Gloucester tomorrow to see bro in law, unfortunately I don’t think he’s going to last much longer. Lung cancer that’s spread to bones and liver, they gave upon his treatment a couple of weeks ago so not good at all. Not a good year to be related to me it seems.

thats shit - very sorry to hear.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Afternoon folks,

thats shoot - very sorry to hear.
    Agree - pants
  • tlw1
    Thanks for the good wishes - loved it, though broken today. My favourite part was realising my map had fallen out of my back pack and having to run a mile back to get it
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    TLW1 wrote:
    Thanks for the good wishes - loved it, though broken today. My favourite part was realising my map had fallen out of my back pack and having to run a mile back to get it
    Might not have been good if it fell out at the start line!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]