Thursday. Looking into the void

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,939
edited October 2018 in The bottom bracket
Where is everyone?

Must have all had the same crap journey into work as me.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I was rather late getting to work as I'd left late. Lots of faffing with getting hopalong set up for the day and making sure the lad had everything he needed. He's riding to Euston to get a train back to uni with his bike. So the Mrs is of course fretting about him riding across London, thankfully he has more sense than me so he should be alright. Managed to wobble in myself, park still shut which is dull. Now for a day of customer avoidance and tea drinking.
    Lots of spam again, maybe the days without spam are more noticeable.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, I’m decorating just stopped for a cuppa, and thinking to myself I should come up with an excuse and get out on the bike, what cunning plan can I come up with
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'ning

just back from early dentist jaunt to harley street, cafe beckons

low cloud over london, slight hint of drizzle
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning.
    Just had some interesting news about something I've been working on. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
    Definitely good news is that shiny bike bits are arriving in the post/in store today.
    sungod wrote:
    low cloud over london, slight hint of drizzle
    Similar here.
    Morning, I’m decorating just stopped for a cuppa, and thinking to myself I should come up with an excuse and get out on the bike, what cunning plan can I come up with
    I used to do all the painting first thing, go for a ride while it was drying then do the second coat in the afternoon/evening.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, refreshing mtb ride last night after work rather than building up the new genesis, looks a bit tidier, more mtb inspired and slightly better designed than the old equilibrium. I read that the widest tyres they take are 40s, bought 38s to be sure, but it turns out there is tonnes of space, should have gone for proper tyres!

I had one beer last night after two days off beer and feel a bit 'dulled' this morning, not sure if it's just that I'm tired or just the effect of the tiny amount of alcohol. I nearly always feel like this but then I nearly always drink. Preparing for an extremely large beer festival on the weekend and I'm not sure if I should drink in preparation or steer clear

Off to the bike shop to fit my new bars at lunch, maybe then I'll actually ride the new posh bike (bought at the end of the heatwave and rode it a handful of times)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    In offices far away with all of my kit in the car for the race as I'm away with work tonight, bad timing but feck all I can do

Later should be drinks, but still not drinking - bored of this
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    You know what the solution is.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Im sars ridden still, might even be Spanish Flu at this rate.

Noted the bikes still in the back of the car guess I should pull it out into the garage tonight as the hound has a vet visit coming up.

Much to do today an no real motivation or ability to concentrate, Wiggle may finally make a delivery today after a weeks long ear bashing at them.

Meantime its more coffee and working out the Japanese timezones which basically appear to be crap.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

school run completed, gym gymmed now listening to billy idol whilst bored in the office.

bored.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I have to do this anti money laundering test again which is boring and not especially relevant to me
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    You know what the solution is.
    I know, tonight's on expenses too........ but promised myself that the next drink will be after the race and before we get back to the house we have hired (1.8 miles away)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    morning all

the final countdown has begun! so wasting time till I can go home.

need to remember to pick a winner for the reverse caption contest this afternoon - still time to get your late entries in!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Trying desperatly to avoid calculating column loads by perusing marathon training plans.

They all seem quite tedious and involve cross training whatever that is?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Trying desperatly to avoid calculating column loads by perusing marathon training plans.

I could be wrong but I think it might be training when you are really angry, either that or some for of Christian training
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    Trying desperatly to avoid calculating column loads by perusing marathon training plans.

Drinking and riding your bike is what I class as cross training

Training plans are a great way to get injured, better to arrive under trained than over injured (is what I'm telling myself)
  • veronese68
    I'm supposed to be cross training tonight, cyclo-cross that is. I might just follow TLW's advice though. Do you have to start training before you can taper or can I taper from nothing?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Pah. Sun shining here but lurgy means coughing up big gobs of greenish stuff (enjoy your lunches all) so no chance of getting out on bike. Plus just seen GP about dodgy collarbone symptoms, off soon for an x-ray, but likely to be an issue with the ligaments or whatevs which connect clavicle to breastbone. Been getting these electric shock feeling mini shoulder dislocations for a while.

Maybe should give up on this fitness exercising lark and just join the great unwashed slumped in front of the tv eating cr4p foods... And then again, maybe not.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm supposed to be cross training tonight, cyclo-cross that is. I might just follow TLW's advice though. Do you have to start training before you can taper or can I taper from nothing?
    For this weekend's race, the taper week is the only time I've hit the training plan mileage, the week before I missed by 30 miles :shock:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Woke up too early, pedalled in, had to deal with loads of politics etc. Now taking a break as I'm a bit knackered. Most exciting bit of the day is probably getting the flu jab.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    For this weekend's race, the taper week is the only time I've hit the training plan mileage, the week before I missed by 30 miles :shock:

I like the training plans that start with a rest day on day 1.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I like the training plans that start with a rest day on day 1.
    You have got to ease yourself in, what have you signed up for?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    orraloon wrote:
    ... just seen GP about dodgy collarbone symptoms, off soon for an x-ray, but likely to be an issue with the ligaments or whatevs which connect clavicle to breastbone...
    Not that comforting when you take off your shirt and the radiographer says from the other side of the room "eeyow I can see your problem from here" :shock:
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I used to do all the painting first thing, go for a ride while it was drying then do the second coat in the afternoon/evening.

Do you know I had never thought of that, when jane gets home from work I will mention that to her
    Thanks thistle
  • Matthewfalle

Do you know I had never thought of that, when jane gets home from work I will mention that to her
    Thanks thistle

no need - I'll ask MF to pass on the message before she leaves.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    sitting in a car park. bored.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    still sitting here, still bored.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    orraloon wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    ... just seen GP about dodgy collarbone symptoms, off soon for an x-ray, but likely to be an issue with the ligaments or whatevs which connect clavicle to breastbone...
    Not that comforting when you take off your shirt and the radiographer says from the other side of the room "eeyow I can see your problem from here" :shock:
    Not had that but at my last chest Xray the radiographer checked it then came back laughing and said "Wow! What did you do to your ribs?"
    Not bored, plenty of work to do so I swapped the tyres on the green bike. Unfortunately had to give up on the tubeless set up.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Not enough hours in the day.

Going to eat sausages and fried eggs.

Mrs H3 is out and about again, kids are being dicks. Maybe a trappist beer as well then.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Mrs H3 is out and about again, kids are being dicks. Maybe a trappist beer as well then.

yet again, H3 and my life mirror each other perfectly.

i'm going to have a bottle of Corona and pretend i'm in a 1990s nightclub.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

i'm going to have a bottle of Corona and pretend i'm in a 1990s nightclub.

Lime jammed in the neck of the bottle? Or was that the other beer?