Btwin rockrider 540 any good?

hexbugspider
hexbugspider Posts: 38
edited October 2018 in MTB buying advice
My budget is under £400. I've seen others recommend the Carrera Kraken but that's over the budget. For £350 is the rockrider 540 good? If not could you recommend me another option?

Comments

• Or possibly the voodoo bantu?
  • For that budget I’d have a look at gooutdoors.co.uk and check out the Calibre Two Cubed:

http://off.road.cc/content/review/bikes/calibre-two-cubed-review-2867

I was going to recommend a Vitus Nucleus but they’ve got none left of the one that was around your budget.
    Boardman Road Comp '08
    Spesh FSR XC Expert '08
  • Alright, Calibre two cubed it is.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Are you sure now?
    This is your 3rd or 4th "what bike" thread in about 4 months. :wink:

Use webcode CALI10 to get 10% off Calibre bikes until 28th October. This works in addition to the usual discount card price.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    Use webcode CALI10 to get 10% off Calibre bikes until 28th October.
    Where did you find this?
  • JBA
    Another forum. Checked it and it works.

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thanks for the code, and yes I'm sure! :mrgreen:
  • What would you recommend I buy if I was looking at used bikes? Under £400
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Seriously?

There are millions out there.

Find some and ask opinions.

Or just buy a bloody bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • How about a used voodoo bizango? They seem to go for 300-500 used. Is there any difference between the luminous green and orange paint jobs?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    The colour....
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Er, I looked about more in depth and it appers the green one is a 2016 model and the orange one is the latest one. I think I'll play it safe and get a new Voodoo Aizan.
  • JBA
    FFS!
    Stop asking about bikes and then ignoring the advice given. Stop fannying about just buy a bloody bike.

• Well the advice which was given was to "buy a bloody bike". I'm not prepared to spend a large chunk of cash until I'm comfortable that the purchase decision i'm about to embark on was a sensible one. Besides, £400 is a lot of money for a 14 year old like me..
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Well the advice which was given was to "buy a bloody bike". I'm not prepared to spend a large chunk of cash until I'm comfortable that the purchase decision i'm about to embark on was a sensible one. Besides, £400 is a lot of money for a 14 year old like me..

Whatever you get around the £400 mark will be much the same.

You've been given some good advice, so now you need to go and decide which bike you want to buy.

When you start asking the same question(s) having been given some sensible advice, people will be less likely to want to offer additional advice. We can't tell you which bike to buy, just which one's are better value etc.

You then need to make the final choice!

Happy shopping.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • For the Voodoo Aizan, is there any issues I should watch out for? Also is it upgradable, so later on I could upgrade to a better air fork?