Sunday. In search of the ineffable and see if we can't eff it after all

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,939
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning.

Another Sunday greets us with a realm of possiblities. However, I'll just give the central heating a poke and then go for a walk before lunch.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    This place is something like that abandoned town in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

It's dull. Expecting monsoon. Then swimming with toots later. Worlds after that.
    Hopefully better than the women's RR which turned into a 3 person TT.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Recovered from lurgy. About to take dog out. Dunno what else is on the cards.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Pinno wrote:
    This place is something like that abandoned town in The Outlaw Josey Wales.
    Do you mean this forum or Stranraer? Or both?

Back to normal after the latest Northern trip. Plan to test drive a car on the way home was kyboshed as when I called up the useless gits didn't have it in stock and it was still with the manufacturer, despite it being advertised as available :roll: Now trying slightly different tactics as I CBA to go all the way back to Yorkshire just for that. Otherwise just a boring but sunny Sunday.

Next week will be busy as I see the idiots have been productive at work while I was out on Friday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Reasonably productive Saturday has eased Sunday’s jobs, car cleaned and now waiting for a haircut.

Then a long walk to a nice pub
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Got a few jobs to do before hopefully taking hopalong to a pub later, unfortunately I will have to drive. Sunny but a bit fresh out, quite nice really. If I feel brave enough I might venture into Aldi to get some Parmesan and a couple of merino vase layers.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    'ning

uneventful flight back, drank much bubbly, felt a bit fragile first thing

shiny bike rebuilt, tempted to have a ride but put off by the significantly sub-scorchio temperatures, instead had a stroll to get an inyt and sat in a cafe to read the comics while having a toasted cheesy snack and a triple-shot coffee

also saw a local tabbycat, this is always a good sign

mrs s says a holiday is needed, word
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    TLW1 wrote:
    Reasonably productive Saturday has eased Sunday’s jobs, car cleaned and now waiting for a haircut.
    Each to their own, I prefer a gloss finish :)

f57619ae1443cd5e2cd988ee939af4a5.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ciao!

basketball done, exhaust hangers sprayed, now watching the cyclerists before going to pick tdv up from the airport.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Urgh

Up early, rode to hill climb, nobody there. Turned up 2 hours early.

Broke a spoke en route, had to carefully potter around for 90 minutes to keep warm.
    Did rubbish in the race too.

Doing not a lot this afternoon. Maybe replacing said spoke and truing a wheel. The wheels came with a load of spare spokes - maybe that was a bad sign?
  • Evening all. Got up early, all chores done early. Then had pie and dark n’ stormys which is advised by the NHS to hold off lurg. Didn’t work and in full lurg mode. Still made chicken with dauphinois potatoes and that makes me a hero in Mrs BBGeeks eyes. So overall a winner kind of day.
    Tomorrow is another day.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Each to their own, I prefer a gloss finish :)

f57619ae1443cd5e2cd988ee939af4a5.jpg
    :)