Oil smelling Saturday

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,861
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Good news the aga is back on, the problem is the kitchen stinks of oil as it wasn’t shut down properly :oops:

So nice and warm in the kitchen with the oil gauge dropping quicker than a brides knickers

Today is the park run followed by a long run home, will be hard as a shoot sleep. Later is drinks with friends

Comments

• Morning, cold but bright start to the weekend, dog already walked, shopping done, just wondering which route I should take this morning.
    Have a good weekend
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Fresh morning up in the frozen North. Got a few jobs to do then out to see my old dear. Some family friends have cancelled this afternoon's visit so will use the time to go for a test drive on the way back through Yorkshire.

There's a bit of footy on the radio to keep me occupied for part of the rest of the drive.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Grooogh. Some nasty stomach bug laid me out yesterday. Still a bit green round the gills.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks, traditional slow start is being had.
    Off to get a flu jab shortly then some pastries and other supplies. The invalid wants to get out so might pick up the old dear and go to the Windmill cafe. Pottering in the garage later, bit of a tidy and then swapping wheels and tyres around.
    Have a good day one and all.
  • Walked dog along beach early. Shovelled a pile of topsoil out of ute onto "lawn".

Lunch, shopping, and even a brief but still dreary stint on turbo to turn the legs over a bit. Dinner. Wine. Post meaningless bollox on internet. Typical Saturday.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Woke up to a glorious sunny morning in Jersey. Swim in the sea, few lengths of the pool.

Relaxing in the foyer watching the golf before a wedding later.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    The plants in garden are taking the p now so they've been doused with some agent orange (orange bottle anyway).
    Might do some more tidying outside: weather's lovely but still a bit chilly out there.
    Should go for a potter on my bike at some point to check it/me is ok for a hill climb tomorrow.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Europe are 10-5 up. Only 1 game to come in, so at worst, 10-6 up going into tomorrow.

Filling in time with Shorty today. It's chilly. Must prepare dinner.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    'noon

said farewell to the tabby, sigh, holed up in the lounge away from teeming hordes, sipping bubbly and nibbling tapas

don't like all this talk of 'chilly', sounds like a holiday will be needed
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    24 hours of twin grandchildren minding weekend completed, 24 more to go while twin mummy gets a birthday treat weekend away with new beau. Twins have just turned 4 and jings they are full on. Blxxdy knackered and done nowt but kiddie mind.

Interesting chats with them (one boy, one girl) though while the World's women's RR was showing this afternoon, about how these riders were all girls and the winner of the race would become the best in the whole world. Girl twin is little miss active on her bike, reckon I could get her off stabilisers soon with a little coaching.

Ah bless 'em. Doing nothing for getting me tuned up for upcoming sportive; that and a post vacc hit, MMR jab 2 seems to have had a short term adverse reaction. Tired, flat and energy free. As D:Ream would have it, things can only get better...