Trying to find trails near Mansfield

tomtom99
tomtom99 Posts: 20
edited September 2018 in MTB rides
Hi,
I live in Mansfield and i do the red route at Sherwood pines regularly. It is fun for me but doing the same thing over and over again gets a tad boring. Does anyone know of any decent trails nearby, cant drive yet so distance is a limiting factor.

Comments

• oxoman wrote:
    Not sure that there's much around pines itself, but loads of CX style trails 5 pits amongst them. Mate lives locally in shirebrook and rides with bolsover and district cycling club, may be worth trying them out.
    https://www.banddcc.org.uk
    Do you know where they are/can you put a screen shot of the maps so I can easily find them
  • @tomtom99: Don't stick to the red, there is so much more there at Pines than just the marked trails!

If you are free on Sunday 30th Sep, come along to the guided ride. We will be meeting at 10:00 ready to ride by the cafe veranda. We will be doing as much off-piste as we can fit in and not much red or blue (just the best bits). :D

See here: viewtopic.php?f=10014&t=13094429
  • If you are free on Sunday 30th Sep, come along to the guided ride.
    I would love to come but I have a rugby match on every Sundays so I won’t be able to attend. Do you record it on Strava and if so I’d love it if you could send me the route that you do so I can check it out when I am free.
    Many thanks
  • I don't use Strava, but Billy Cool uses Strava (I think), and on the the last guided ride he posted it on the link I supplied above.

Beware, the route looks like a ball of wool after a cat has played with it, lots of overlapping trails and the same bits in both directions etc. It is an absolute maze. Billy Cool has all the technology but despite coming with me half a dozen times or more, he still has no idea where he is at any one time - apart from the start and finish obviously....

I go at other times of the week, not just Sundays. Send me a message if you want to go.
  • Hi mate, I’m from Shirebrook and have to admit that I didn’t realise how many ‘off road’ routes are actually right on my doorstep.
    Pleasley pit area has absolutely loads of fire roads and woodland routes to go at. There’s also pretty easy access to Clumber park, there’s some good routes around Shirebrook, Scarcliffe, Warsop, Pleasley Mill areas too.
    I use Strava, so maybe do a search and check out where I’ve been.

Phil