Happy Birthday to Me, Wednesday

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Title says it all really.

Morning folks. The usual suspects must have had a lie in.
A day of doing very little stretches out before me.

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Happy birthday.

Nothing to report here.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Happy birthday

A mate of mine was knocked off his bike yesterday, he's fine other than a bit of whiplash but his brand new Argon is destroyed. He's one of these weird people that make an effort to be a nice person so I always joke that he gets all my bad karma, feeling a bit guilty today! Luckily the driver was extremely apologetic and accepted responsibility so I'm sure he can expect a replacement bike at least
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    it would seem like all drivers had changed into blind numptys.
    It wasn't too bad here - on both the drive and the ride. I guess they all buggered off down your way.
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    it would seem like all drivers had changed into blind numptys.
    It wasn't too bad here - on both the drive and the ride. I guess they all buggered off down your way.

They weren't great when I drove across town to go mountain biking last night, no indication or right of way at roundabouts. On the plus side the road from town to my house was shut on the exit from town for resurfacing, I took a rat run around it then had 20 minutes of clear road all the way home, very refreshing
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Happy birthday bally

WFH, decent walk with hound. Later is more pub avoidance - it’s killing me, I like the pub

Saying that I didn’t avoid it last night, but held my nerve and drank water whilst laughing at Man Utd
  • ballysmate
    oxoman wrote:
    Should also add that mates I'm drinking with tonight will be a tad quiet :oops: :cry: as its predominantly a Derby supporters pub and they support Man who ?. Suspect I may take the rise a little. :lol:

Is The Holly Bush at Belper anywhere near your neck of the woods?
    Cracking little place.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Happy birthday friend of Bally and hope your mate's not too sore this morning HM. I used to make an effort to be nice but age and experience have beaten it out of me. The lad still tries and I love to see it and think he must just be a better person than me, although I suspect with time the same will happen to him.
    I will be going to the pub tonight then for a curry as it was a mate's birthday at the weekend. Still got manflu so hoping I don't feel too bad later. Been looking at inheritance tax forms the last couple of evenings, dull doesn't even begin to cover it. Glad I don't deal with tax for a living.
    I could do with a bit more kip, doubt anyone will notice if I grab some in a little while.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Seriously dull and grey and drizzly here.

Is it free bus pass time Bally? That must be exciting.

Hedge strimmer is at small engine clinic place.
    Jewson's said they would get back to me when their one's 'comes back'...
    Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Happy birthday friend of Bally and hope your mate's not too sore this morning HM. I used to make an effort to be nice but age and experience have beaten it out of me. The lad still tries and I love to see it and think he must just be a better person than me, although I suspect with time the same will happen to him.

I don't think I've ever specifically tried to be nice. The OH would hate the idea of people thinking she isn't 'nice'. Weird.

To make matters worse/more amusing, his new wheels arrived today for the bike that got destroyed yesterday. Even more amusingly the box has been totalled by DPD, looks like it has tyre marks on it. He is now convinced I have some divine power over his life, that or I'm filming it for a cracking best man speech/video...
  • pinno
    Are you?!

Swedish people have a saying: "Cows are nice*".

*This is not a gender reference.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    Are you?!

I wish. Although he is likely to be my best man as well so it's a risky idea...

On the divine power front, I once called him up to congratulate him on his new job within a minute of him receiving the call to offer him it. He has spent the last 4 years trying to work out who I knew at his work, or how I could possibly have known before he did. It may have been a total fluke but I enjoy watching him suffer.
  • pinno
    So the reality is worse than some bad karma; you are a psychopath.
  • haydenm
    Pinno wrote:
    So the reality is worse than some bad karma; you are a psychopath.

In a word? Yes. :lol:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    happy birthday bally, the tabby says meow

quick ride up to timanfaya for coffee ad donut, extreme scenic mistiness in the morning sun

long bask to prepare for long climby ride tomorrow

scorchio
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • ballysmate
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    I will be going to the pub tonight then for a curry as it was a mate's birthday at the weekend. Still got manflu so hoping I don't feel too bad later. Been looking at inheritance tax forms the last couple of evenings, dull doesn't even begin to cover it. Glad I don't deal with tax for a living.
    I could do with a bit more kip, doubt anyone will notice if I grab some in a little while.

I too, now find it tedious trying to be nice. Not worth the effort. Comes with age I suppose.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:

Meh.

Laters.

No bus pass yet.
    Will kick the ar5e out of it when I do get one. If for no other reason than to p1ss off millennials.
  • haydenm
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Meh.

Laters.

No bus pass yet.
    Will kick the ar5e out of it when I do get one. If for no other reason than to p1ss off millennials.

Doesn't bother me, I can think of other things that frustrate me more :wink:
  • veronese68
    Ballysmate wrote:
    No bus pass yet.
    I'm not a millennial but I think the bus pass is a great idea, there'd be even more wrinklies driving without them. :shock:
    Even better idea is the kids getting free bus travel. Gets school kids used to taking the bus, hopefully it's a habit that will stay with them.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Happy Birthday that man.

I wonder for how much longer they will keep the bus-pass? It's always seemed to me that whenever I approach something like that, it generally comes to an end :roll:

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    In Jockland, all pensioners can go by Stagecoach all over the Jockland if they pre-book and it costs them just £1.
    I miss read you for a moment VN - I thought you said the wrinklies were driving buses.
    It may come to that what with Brexit, dwindling pension pots and extending the retirement age to compensate.
    They'll have to swap the drivers seats for commodes.

"Where you going Beryl, this ain't the route?"
    "Just goin' this way 'cos there's 'facilities'... back in a minute, remind me t' go past chemists on way t' Ilkley..."

[Yorkshire Buses in affiliation with Yorkshire Airways]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Even better idea is the kids getting free bus travel. Gets school kids used to taking the bus, hopefully it's a habit that will stay with them.

They do get free bus travel don't they? Whilst in full time education? Certainly the boy has a "zip pass", which gives him free travel on tfl buses/tubes/trains.

Happy birthday bazza's chum!

I'm trying to talk myself into entering a CX race.

Corporate collapse hasn't occurred yet, but it can't be far off!
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    They do get free bus travel don't they? Whilst in full time education? Certainly the boy has a "zip pass", which gives him free travel on tfl buses/tubes/trains.
    Don't think trains are included, but still a good deal.
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm trying to talk myself into entering a CX race.
    Do it, what could possibly go wrong? You will certainly be faster than I would be.
  • Happy birthday!

Well, in the week MF has been gone he has sold his motor bike to someone who is going to phukk it up, failed to get his other motorbike started, found a Storck and decided not to buy it and generally been a hero.

As an aside, can anyone tell him what the difference is between being a troll and taking the pissss?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Happy birthday Bally, how old are you again? :)

Flippin busy day at work, seems I'm Mr. Popular these days. Luckily tomorrow is my Friday as I'm off oop North again for the weekend. Best pack some warm gear then.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    As an aside, can anyone tell him what the difference is between being a troll and taking the pissss?
    Depends on the level of humour. A funny post that’s extracting urine is viewed as trolling by those that don’t get the humour.
    Bullying or humourlessness is just trolling.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Flippin busy day at work, seems I'm Mr. Popular these days. Luckily tomorrow is my Friday as I'm off oop North again for the weekend. Best pack some warm gear then.

With age, comes wisdom.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

With age, comes wisdom.
    Warm up this way, ran in shorts and t-shirt tonight

Then listened to some shite football :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

With age, comes wisdom.

What was shite about it? :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    Nice evening home alone with workstand set up the living room, lots of bike fettling and ordering new bits with some random but decent internet radio station on.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm not a millennial but I think the bus pass is a great idea, there'd be even more wrinklies driving without them. :shock: .
    the ones I know were desperate to get their passes but still drive everywhere!
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Walking or cycling would be better. Didn't do me any harm. Oh wait...
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

With age, comes wisdom.

What was shite about it? :D

Agree - seemed a perfectly good game to me.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.