Which SRAM bleed kit

joey54321
joey54321 Posts: 1,297
edited September 2018 in Workshop
I need to bleed my SRAM Rival 1x brakes, but it seems like there are huge amounts of bleed kits 'out there' that range from ~£10-£80. What's the difference? Quality? Brand name? Ease of use? How do I know which kits will fit my system too?

I''m also running a bit low on money this month so recommendations towards the £10 rather than the £80 would be preferred. :P

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    These guys. Not £10, but includes all the bits.

https://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/prod ... d-kit/#t-0
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    These guys. Not £10, but includes all the bits.

https://www.epicbleedsolutions.com/prod ... d-kit/#t-0

I bought the £70 SRAM professional kit. It has more bits than the one above but I'd say that one includes all you will need for a road bike.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    I contacted the above supplier on Thursday to confirm that kit will fit the Sram Rival stuff but I still haven't heard back. Can anyone on here confirm it?

Thanks!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    That's what they say - "Bleed your SRAM hydraulic MTB and road disc brakes with this all-in-one SRAM Bleed Kit. Compatible with all SRAM brake models including Code, Guide, Level, Avid, RED HRD eTap, Force, Rival, Apex, S-700 & S-900."
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • joey54321 wrote:
    I contacted the above supplier on Thursday to confirm that kit will fit the Sram Rival stuff but I still haven't heard back. Can anyone on here confirm it?

Thanks!

All I can say is that the blue block that fits between the pads looks right and so do the ends on the syringe connecting tubes. Those are the only contact points.

Presumably you could return it if wrong.