Friday has blown in from the West

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,297
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Morning folks,
Didn’t sleep at all well due to stuff on my mind and struggling to breathe due to man flu. Just taken lots of drugs to help get me through the day.
I could do with a kip now but need to start getting ready for the day.
Hope everybody has a good one.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    Hope all goes as well as can be expected in the circumstances V.

I'm on the train in feeling a bit tired. But its Friday, work isnt too bad right now and no Dads taxi this evening. Yay.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Thinking of you today v68

WFH as on half a day today. Means a decent run with the hound. Later is off to surprise a mate who’s over from the states - going to be messy
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Hope today goes ok V68.

Didn't sleep well last night. I think it was the combination of racket outside and the cheese for tea.
    Looks nice outside, but a bit chilly.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, WFH, GF tried to kill me by leaving tempting two week old bolognese in the fridge. On the plus side it was delicious. Off to Arran for the weekend, praying the wind is strong enough on sunday night to cancel the ferry so I don't have to go to work on Monday
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Mate coming over: Pub
    Just gone for a run: Pub
    End of the week: Pub
    Did a long cycle: Pub
    Chopped some wood: Pub
    It's Sunday: Pub

It has a certain elegance.

Fook it's windy and chilly.
    Did you shout at the trees that took a notion to fall over on Wednesday HM?

Today will be silly jobs, some follow up, waiting for a parcel, waiting for another parcel from Wiggle.
    No pub will be involved.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    edited September 2018
    Pinno wrote:
    Fook it's windy and chilly.
    Did you shout at the trees that took a notion to fall over on Wednesday HM?

Quite a lot of shouting. I spent 3 hours stuck on a public road near Loch Tay waiting for a big crane lorry to come and move some trees off a BT line on Wednesday. So far I haven't had any large scale windblow reported by any of our managers in our forests but it wouldn't surprise me...

Bloody cold out this morning!

Edit: what is slightly infuriating is that the trees that were blowing over the road while we watched were part of a 'retention' area which you have to leave because of stupid Forestry Commision rules which serve no purpose but to make our forests less productive. Bloody FC...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, thoughts are with you today V.

Coffee is a go randomly being dragged into something that has all the marks of an internal investigation so this will prove interesting.

Was puffy last night, seems to have died down a trees snapped in half in the garden so itll give me an excuse to whip out the chainsaw tomorrow. Hopefully no further felling will be needed.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Joining in the chorus of best wishes to V68.

Chilly this morning. Arm warmers deployed. Weekend is looming, we're taking mini to British museum to look at mummies and all things ancient Egyptian.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Been away in hemisphere(s) alternative for past 3 weeks and almost never on t'forum but can deduce so best wishes to V68 and family.

Home late last night, dark wet and blowing (what happened to summer?) followed by straight 12 hours sleep, so today will be mostly pottering about inspecting what's gone on outside. Hope no serious chainsaw action necessary.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    best wishes v

scorchio here again
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Friday means airport heading home.

Joined the seniors support group this week - old dear is in hospital, had a knee replacement done Monday, which *should* have been simple. Except she's now in ICU thanks to a blood clot that developed.

Fecking medical profession. Geez I hate the b@stards.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    ******* medical profession. Geez I hate the b@stards.
    Calling MF to the thread :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]