The thread that was conveniently missed... Still waiting for a response from Rick

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,196
edited November 2018 in The cake stop
Ridgerider wrote:
We did think that our 'big idea' from last year's get together had succeeded beyond our expectations...to create a new user that any of us could all log on as if we wanted to have a little dig at someone or to put really stupid ideas out there to see if we could just get one person to agree with them. We didn't quite manage the last part, but it was fun trying. We were not sure whether we will be able to top it next year, but we agreed on a new user name for 2017, so watch this space.

viewtopic.php?f=40002&t=12944279&start=560#p20021061
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Bungle
    Milemuncher
    Bottom briquettes
    FocusZing
    Imposter!
  • pinno
    See, this is Rick Chasey's brigade. Probably clever enough and has access to create a new user and back date the date of joining. Therefore, we can presume that date's are immaterial here.
    It would make perfect sense that MM with his ridiculously low cadence is one of them. Perhaps there are multiple accounts in the same vein.
  • They've got a whole database of backdated users with solid post counts already there.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Very naughty...wonder who it could be? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    No I'm just a fvck1ng idiot I'm afraid, who fights a lone battle against seriousness mixed with pretentiousness.
  • pinno
    edited September 2018
    They've got a whole database of backdated users with solid post counts already there.

Well noted.
    You're cleverer than you look :D
  • Stevo_666
    FocusZing wrote:
    No I'm just a fvck1ng idiot I'm afraid, who fights a lone battle against seriousness mixed with pretentiousness.
    Fair point. That's a big battle you've got in Cake Stop :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mf reckons its all of them. individually they aren't clever or witty enough to carry it off. even collectively they aren't very witty.

#notverywitty
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Maybe there's one each for all the different MFs?

In fact maybe we're all MFs? :shock:

#theplotsickens
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • pinno
    CitizenLee wrote:

#theplotsickens

Far too deep. Sod off Camus.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Pinno wrote:
    CitizenLee wrote:

#theplotsickens

Far too deep. Sod off Camus.

:lol:
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    edited September 2018
    Pinno wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    We did think that our 'big idea' from last year's get together had succeeded beyond our expectations...to create a new user that any of us could all log on as if we wanted to have a little dig at someone or to put really stupid ideas out there to see if we could just get one person to agree with them. We didn't quite manage the last part, but it was fun trying. We were not sure whether we will be able to top it next year, but we agreed on a new user name for 2017, so watch this space.

And all this time there's me thinking the people listed as being at the gathering were just common or garden bellends. I have done them an injustice...
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    I'm not Spartacus.
  • Robert88 wrote:
    I'm not Spartacus.

And neither is MF. He is MF.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Oddly enough, nobody has replied to Pinno in that Pro Race thread.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

Most do a decent job of that in their own name.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    Why have you resurrected a post from two years ago?

I suspect it was a joke by Ridgerider as you may note that much of the post is slightly absurd.
  • TheBigBean

Most do a decent job of that in their own name.

Roger, I respect your palmares, but I suspect that you might be an imposter.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Pinno wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

Glad I missed that little soirée.
    Looks like a load of laughs missed it too.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    TheBigBean wrote:

Well, I think the novelty for them would have worn off by now but it hasn't (if it is true). I think it's quite hypocritical of the PC brigade to do such a thing.

Certain suspects are so adamant in their view(s), that it is possible, it has put people off the forum or detracts from reasonable discussion.
    Are they having a laugh at other people's expense?
    Multiple accounts are forbidden - one protagonist is a mod. Does he endorse such action or at least by not condemning it, allows this activity to happen? Or worse, is actively involved?
  • The idea that a group would have a fake profile to "have a dig" at someone who might have offended them is pretty poor.
  • TheBigBean
    The idea that a group would have a fake profile to "have a dig" at someone who might have offended them is pretty poor.

Also untrue, I suspect.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    Pinno wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Well, I think the novelty for them would have worn off by now but it hasn't (if it is true). I think it's quite hypocritical of the PC brigade to do such a thing.

Certain suspects are so adamant in their view(s), that it is possible, it has put people off the forum or detracts from reasonable discussion.
    Are they having a laugh at other people's expense?
    Multiple accounts are forbidden - one protagonist is a mod. Does he endorse such action or at least by not condemning it, allows this activity to happen? Or worse, is actively involved?

If true then it's not good, but possibly you are reading too much into a report of a beer-fuelled nonsense discussion.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Who cares?
  • Who cares?

everyone should - its these guys who report everyone for everything so why should they be allowed to do it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • TheBigBean wrote:
    The idea that a group would have a fake profile to "have a dig" at someone who might have offended them is pretty poor.

Also untrue, I suspect.

Well you were there so you can tell us what the fake profile(s) is/are and we can judge for ourselves.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Surely they invented our pal who needed to carry gallons of water on his tours of south east england on account of there being no shops or taps anywhere in the area ?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    TheBigBean wrote:

Also untrue, I suspect.

Well you were there so you can tell us what the fake profile(s) is/are and we can judge for ourselves.
    You really think someone went through with this?
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Who cares?

everyone should - its these guys who report everyone for everything so why should they be allowed to do it?

But does it really matter? If you're not being rude then you can't be reported.

If someone is deliberately being antagonistic then be a grown up and ignore them?

It sounds like a bit of a childish game but hardly worth getting up in arms about l
  • rjsterry wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Also untrue, I suspect.

You really think someone went through with this?

Well as they were talking about it having been a success yes.

What do you believe, they imagined having done it?