edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

it be international talk like a pirate day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Still a manflu victim and therefore feel pants

Which is shoot as I need to train with less than 3 weeks left before my race and I’ve not done more than 12 miles in practice :(

Should really say sod it and go to the pub
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    oxoman wrote:
    has as much idea at organising as brexitt committee.
    Sounds familiar as that what I be doing. Why do the words 'p1ss up and 'brewery spring to mind?

On the train into London town to plunder some government treasure chests I be :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning

0.5 mile ride to the office first thing. Abuse off 2 delivery drivers already. Can see why some companies don't give out any contact details on their websites.
    Got the afternoon off. Had planned a big ride followed by a hill climb but we'll see.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

it be international talk like a pirate day

Can we drink rum etc etc as well? That or just go to West country an they all speak that way.

Dull day here drove in on account of it looking grim and meant to get blowy later, car still needs a wash but its mean to rain tomorrow so I could just spray shampoo on it an leave it.

Onward to coffee and porridge!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Rum, sodomy and the lash for me. Or is that the Navy?

Normal day. Haircut & some 0% beer later.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,323
    Ahaaar me hearties. Prepare to land 'em.

Drop the mainsail, point the bow into the waves - it be a gale cummin an we's going to huckle down and munch porage. It be the chompiest bundy in the clundy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Arrrr, shiver me timbers, etc, etc...
    Made it into work today as manflu has subsided a little, the drugs are helping. I'm also going for a haircut today and the car is being washed as I have a couple of airport runs to do tomorrow. Catching up on all the stuff that didn't get done whilst I was off. Raining here as well, definitely getting autumnal out there.
    Lad seemed to survive his pissup yesterday quite well, he got in a little after 3:30 and didn't seem too bad considering the day he'd had. Not sure how he'll be feeling today. Girl child has gone on a school trip to Brighton doing photography.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Normal day... 0% beer.
    On what planet is that normal?
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:

Normal day. Haircut & some 0% beer later.

From experience with Naval friends Rum was on the menu, usually followed by fly tackling those white an yellow light up traffic bollards (bonus points for doing so near a police officer) then playing dodge the MP's for a few hours to avoid the drill sergeant.
    Turns out there is fun stuff to do in Colchester.

0% beer I hope this is solely due to pubs not serving at the time.
  • Soooo bored.

Bored.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just watching The Saint with Roger Moore.

Brilliant stuff.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Speaking of pirates Ryanair tried to rob me of £670 to get me back to Manchester when we missed our flight out of Crete on Friday. Luckily in Yorkshire they're tight ****ers so getting to Leeds/Bradford only cost me £260.

Oh, hello again... Super busy so not much time for internetting, cycling, running or much else really.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Didn't spot any pirates this afternoon on my bike ride along the coast. Must be been too windy for them.

Came home to some tumbleweed by the back gate.
  • hopkinb
    Ahaaaaaarrrrrr. Arrrrrrrrrr. Me hearrrrrrties.

Turned up for my haircut. It's tomorrow. Fuggineejit.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,523
    hopkinb wrote:
    sodomy and the lash, that's what they get up to in cake stop, no rum though
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    I like a nice dark rum. With a few drops of lime juice. A bajan pal showed me that. Lifts the spirit, I suppose similar to how a few drops of water opens up a malt whisky. Not for an expensive expression, in my opinion, but works a treat with low to mid range rum.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,323
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    A light poke and and a tap on the wrist, that's what they get up to in cake stop, no rum though

FTFY
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Speaking of pirates Ryanair tried to rob me of £670 to get me back to Manchester when we missed our flight out of Crete on Friday. Luckily in Yorkshire they're tight ****ers so getting to Leeds/Bradford only cost me £260.

Oh, hello again... Super busy so not much time for internetting, cycling, running or much else really.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6VLYpKGVBUg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]