Awful day today :(

2»

Comments

• Bumo_b wrote:
    We have all done it when we started ie had to get off and walk, just most of us do it in private (hopefully). There was a local hill I attempted when I first started, 2km averaging about 8% with a max of 15%. Failed three times to get up it without getting off, once resulting in projectile vomiting after giving it my all. The 4th time I attempted it was on a cold November night about midnight, so none of the local cyclists who seemed to go up it with ease could see my abject failure. I finally managed it that night and still have the screenshot of my Strava that night. Was probably my greatest achievement as it was always my biggest struggle, despite having since completed several European mountain sportives. Trust me when I say it was probably a very good ride when you look back in hindsight and as others have said, stick with it, look at what you did wrong, and go back and keep trying!

Dude, projectile vomiting? You must have been giving it your all. Thanks for your encouragement dude, i appreciate it. I’m going to keep training round my local area and all the hills in my area before i tacking Forest of Bowland again.

And thanks to everyone for their advice. All taken on board :)