No deal Brexit Flanders 'escape and evasion" trip

kirkee
kirkee Posts: 369
edited September 2018 in The cake stop
With all the current goings on it got me thinking of my planned Flanders trip in 2019, last month I received an email from the booking website that the holiday home had cancelled my original booking, great accom, near Oudenaarde- maybe theyre putting in plans for Brits not getting there? It was a pay on arrival arrangement.
Ive arranged some alternative accom at time of writing its still booked, was also considering some further contingency planning roughly on the lines of.....
- Prep licence plus international drivers permits
- look on ebay buy a cheap Fiat etc from wherever we land? Taxi/bus to Antwerp?
- possibly source an Aussie false passport as I do a good Aussie accent
- the ferry's and tunnel may be halted or gridlocked. Poss look into people traffickers operating in the North Sea that Ive heard of, maybe get something arranged from Lowestoft to Ostende?
- Or forget the hassle, leave a few days before 29th March 2019 do the trip have an awesome ride and worry about getting back after the hangover subsides on Monday 8th April!
Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will

Comments

• robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    I gather the March weather is fantastic in Flanders.
  • kirkee
    kirkee Posts: 369
    hang on if I leave Thu 28th Mar, could crack the Gent Wevelgem weekend aswell?!!
    Caveat - I buy and ride cheap, however, I reserve the right to advise on expensive kit that I have never actually used and possibly never will
  • The people traffickers are returning empty so any money you give them is pure profit. They may even offer you money for consultancy services.

Battlefield tour?