Sunday. It's a creative thread title that will slow you up fist thing in the morning

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,939
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
Off for a walk.

Dinner with the family, they all come here; grown up sons (+wive/girlfriend) and 94 yr old mum.

Might get a ride in laters.

Still dong the snagging list from the work I started on Friday. Fitted three new radiators and overhaul of the central heating system. Run it with cleaner for a day or so and then drain and refill with inhibitor.

(Get thread in first and then edit it :lol: )

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• yesterday wasted on chores and tdv work thing.

now sitting in a car park waiting for bambino to finish basketball then tdv work thing this arvo

no cycling
    no weights

#boredshitless
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Short but bumpyish ride polished off. Lovely time of year as the season turns, but before it gets cold. Got home to find no-one here, so I think I'll have an espresso and put my feet up on the dog before having a shower.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    You can post . Capt Slog but it's a creative thread title that will slow you up fist thing in the morning :wink:

Where tf is everyone?

Is it a bony dog Hoppy?

I have a heap of things to do but zero notion to do it.
    Apples need picking.
    Swimming with toots later.
    Discuss kitchen removal with and for fussy, pedantic, obsessive, anally retentive mate. As if a sledge hammer and a crow bar wouldn't suffice!? I get the feeling he wants me to remove it gently. Now, this is time consuming and tedious whereas...

Meanwhile it's blowing a hooley and i've no notion to pedal either.

#apatheticlistlessgoodfornothingmustmakepoachedaggssoon
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,156
    hopkinb wrote:
    I think I'll have an espresso and put my feet up on the dog before having a shower.
    You've got a very compliant hound there Hoppy. Mine is currently curled up on one of the sofas snoozing after his early Morning walk with Mrs. 666. I am also supping coffee coincidentally.

Now done enough research on cars, just need to make sure that the chavs next door get moved on at the end of the month before I get anything vaguely nickable. That said, I'm still Hoping that the plod pay them a visit with a search warrant and a sniffer dog, just as a little goodbye pressie to the ****ers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Where tf is everyone?
    On holiday or dying of apathy.

I've also taken the decision to hang up my downhill boots, so a rejig of the bike fleet may be in order soon as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Where tf is everyone?

I've also taken the decision to hang up my downhill boots, so a rejig of the bike fleet may be in order soon as well.

ROAD BIKE!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Where tf is everyone?

ROAD BIKE!
    Very probably. Got to decide which one of the current lot to get shot of first then offload it as I've only got capacity for 4.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been achieved. Off to the ‘rents place to sort more shizzle in a bit. Out for dinner with the lad and his girlfriend to celebrate his birthday tonight. It’s not for a wee yet but with funeral and taking him to uni it’s the last chance we get.
    Pinno wrote:
    #apatheticlistlessgoodfornothingmustmakepoachedaggssoon
    What’s an “agg”? Nobody is going to search for the hashtag. #speltwrongsonotwuntcanfinditeveniftheywerelookingforit
  • hopkinb
    Obvs feet up "with" the dog, not "on" the dog. She is lovely, but would soon clear off if I started resting my plates on her.

Spot of laundry ready for the week ahead. I think we are out en famille later for early dinner. Somewhere cheap and cheerful. I quite fancy a masala dosa and some dry curry in tooting, but mini will whine.
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hoping that the plod pay them a visit with a search warrant and a sniffer dog, just as a little goodbye pressie to the ****ers.

Unless you're growing industrial quantities, plod aren't interested in pot. Certainly the amount of vans driving round with aromatic smoke billowing from the windows, and the number of folk smoking on the streets would suggest its use is ubiquitous, and a blind eye is being turned, at least by the Met. Same with speeding and dangerous driving, there just isn't the resource to police everything.
  • Pinno wrote:
    Where tf is everyone?

chores. bored shitlessss.

#reallyfuckingbored

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Where tf is everyone?

2 ROAD BIKES!

FTFY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited September 2018
    have just also had to lay down the law to bambino's mob of friends following reports of argy going on.

very very mild threats issued but generally just a high level of grumpiness.

#stillbored

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sooooooooooo bored

#bored

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • am so bored that mf is now scoffing family sized Charleston Chew (big bar grand format) by his self in an attempt to push himself into a sugar fuelled craze

#dancing

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    #speltwrongsonotwuntcanfinditeveniftheywerelookingforit

Good idea.

Stevo hanging up his mtb boots...
    Perhaps the realisation that you no longer bounce off trees is a factor.

Apples not ready for picking.

Search for eggs so that I can make pancakes for lunch turned into quite a jolly in the Porker, in the sticks, with shorty. No wipers as i'm waiting to hear about spares but it didn't rain and there's no plod out there.
    None from the usual suspects.

The state if the roads :roll: I cycle them all the time but they don't seem so bad on a bike.
  • sooooo bored.

mowing the lawn

may draw big penis in the grass with the mower with an arrow pointing to it and the word "imposter" alongside.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • You're bored? Can you get hold of a Zimmer frame? Little project- obtain one, attach flat piece of wood to top, call it a trainer desk and stick it on e-bay for £200.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Hoping that the plod pay them a visit with a search warrant and a sniffer dog, just as a little goodbye pressie to the ****ers.

Unless you're growing industrial quantities, plod aren't interested in pot. Certainly the amount of vans driving round with aromatic smoke billowing from the windows, and the number of folk smoking on the streets would suggest its use is ubiquitous, and a blind eye is being turned, at least by the Met. Same with speeding and dangerous driving, there just isn't the resource to police everything.
    True, they've had over half a dozen reports now and from other neighbours as well. Plod have been round twice to issue verbal warnings so I'm playing the 'bastards are ignoring you' card and also mentioning causally that druggie chav probably gets his supplies close by as he only ever seems to leave the house for a short walk up the hill and back where there are no shops/amenities etc. That and the black Beemer whose driver seems to know druggie chav and drops in and out at very odd hours.

Luckily they have to convert the house back to single occupation by end of the month or risk a chunky fine under the new licensing rules for HMOs (Houses in Multiple Occupation - aka chavvy bedsits) which means the current lot are getting the boot. And a whole house round here is too expensive for the tracksuited underclass to rent.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo hanging up his mtb boots...
    Perhaps the realisation that you no longer bounce off trees is a factor.
    Partly that, partly time constraints, partly my main DH partner in crime is winding down as well. It also restricts me to very practical cars :)
  • Big Harv wrote:
    You're bored? Can you get hold of a Zimmer frame? Little project- obtain one, attach flat piece of wood to top, call it a trainer desk and stick it on e-bay for £200.

now mf likes the sound of that. top work that man.

he could paint words like "pain cave" and "zwift it baby!" all over it and charge an extra £20

#thistimenextyearRodney

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Pinno wrote:
    Where tf is everyone?
    Out riding and eating cake before it started chucking it down :D

Early start this morning for a TT. The course was changed so instead of starting just down the road it was an hours drive away.
    Would've been nice if we hadn't had a power cut yesterday evening, which took lots of hammering and banging until 11:30 for them to fix.

*yawn*
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ROAD BIKE!
    Cross bike. Does what a road bike can with road tyres on and with a pair of knobblies on is capable of a bit of fun. From here I can ride out to Surrey and take in some of the hills off road. Not that I do very often. Not as fast as an MTB off road but still fun.
  • pinno
    Sunday. It's a creative thread title that will slow you up fist thing in the morning

:D
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:

Nobody picked up on that did they. Hope you rolled your sleeves up.
  • hopkinb
    It's turned from early autumn back to late summer. Lovely.
  • mf has just been told that he "exudes positivity & confidence"

#charlatan

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    mf has just been told that he "exudes positivity & confidence"

#charlatan

You fooled them. Well done.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    Pinno wrote:

It just had to be.

:mrgreen:

Oh yes, and thanks.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Pinno wrote:
    mf has just been told that he "exudes positivity & confidence"

#charlatan

You fooled them. Well done.

thank you. admittedly TDV did cack herself laughing when she heard this and MF believes that he may just have sat there slowly shaking his head from side to side as the words were utttered....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.