Brexit caption competition formally known as: Discussion on a suitable name for the official Brexit

darkhairedlord
darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
edited September 2018 in The cake stop
Some members have aired their views and projected disquiet regarding the latest subject title. Please post suggestions here.
I've been told off too many times for swearing or implying swearing through letter substitution to post what I would like to call it.

Comments

• john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Sometimes the simplest is the best, "Brexit"
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    'Make Brexit Great Again'. Kinda ties in with the DT thread.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    'Disillusioned with your crappy life? Feel like venting? Then post here!'

Although that could also be a suitable title for the 'Labour Party' thread.

:wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • "Brexit: They're actually going to do this, aren't they?"
  • "One of the stupidest events in modern history discussion thread"
  • Stevo_666
    "One of the stupidest events in modern history discussion thread"
    We're saving that one in case Corbyn wins the next general election.
  • "Worthless discussion and bickering that's not getting anyone anywhere"
  • Brexit: why didn't they warn us this would happen.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    "1249 pages of light hearted political discussion and pleasantness"
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    27 problems.
  • HaydenM wrote:
    "1249 pages of light hearted political discussion and pleasantness"

Once it gets to 2000 pages total, that might even be true.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    The thread where some people tell you how well their investments are doing and others use disparaging language about the poor and working classes who voted differently to them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I quite like the way Goo updates the thread title every now and then.
  • FocusZing
    Who cares AI will rule soon.
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Shortfall wrote:
    The thread where some people tell you how well their investments are doing and others use disparaging language about the poor and working classes who voted differently to them.

Well ain't that the truth? I am glad you are taking notice. Luckily I am heavily into cash right now, expecting UK blue chips to be a nice buying opportunity soon. Also have taken a strong position in euros.

But anyway isn't the whole idea of Brexit to improve the lot of the working classes who are being ground into the dust by our overlords in Brussels? That hasn't changed has it.

I would call it "Brexit: Drinkinfg The Blood of Unicorns".
  • FocusZing
    https://youtu.be/4JlYE6nSNJI

BMW looking to the future too.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Robert88 wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

Well ain't that the truth? I am glad you are taking notice. Luckily I am heavily into cash right now, expecting UK blue chips to be a nice buying opportunity soon. Also have taken a strong position in euros.

But anyway isn't the whole idea of Brexit to improve the lot of the working classes who are being ground into the dust by our overlords in Brussels? That hasn't changed has it.

Well it wasn't meant as a prompt to continue your running commentary but I'm so pleased you're doing well. The bull market won't last forever though but do keep us up to date with your portfolio when the bear market hits.
  • Robert88 wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

why not stop rising to the bait and start a investment thread. I am sure there would be plenty who would join in swapping thoughts and tips.

For instance assuming you have not simply bought €110k by what mechanism have you taken a strong position in €uro?
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Robert88 wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

why not stop rising to the bait and start a investment thread. I am sure there would be plenty who would join in swapping thoughts and tips.

For instance assuming you have not simply bought €110k by what mechanism have you taken a strong position in €uro?

It is not I who rises to bait! Shortfall did it!

I just find it a hoot that the prophets (or profits?) of hard Brexit: e.g. Jacob RM, Arron Banks, Peter Hargreaves and Farage are money men through and through, James Dyson may have invented stuff but he is a huge landowner, been hoovering up the stuff like they ain't making it any more. When the food shortages kick in he'll be quids in and don't be fooled it's all about employing the masses on the land- that's not on the cards; Dyson is a keen roboticist. What's more, his organisation is private and pays nothing to the shareholding public or pension funds.

Still these are the people Brexiteers admire, more fool them.
  • "England. You is stoopid"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

I'm sure a few of us would like to heed the sage advice of 'The Wolf of Cake Stop'.
  • Brexit: the wolf of cakestop drinks the blood of unicorns.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Robert88 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

I just find it a hoot that the prophets (or profits?) of hard Brexit: e.g. Jacob RM, Arron Banks, Peter Hargreaves and Farage are money men through and through, James Dyson may have invented stuff but he is a huge landowner, been hoovering up the stuff like they ain't making it any more. When the food shortages kick in he'll be quids in and don't be fooled it's all about employing the masses on the land- that's not on the cards; Dyson is a keen roboticist. What's more, his organisation is private and pays nothing to the shareholding public or pension funds.

Dyson is an arse. He only hates the EU because they forced him to make the motors on his vacuum cleaners smaller. Yet he is on tv telling us how utterly awesomely powerful his latest machines are. So which is it James? Were you wrong about the EU and the smaller motors are fine or where you right and actually you are lying about your latest machines which are presumably crap. It's one or the other James......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,487
    Rolf F wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

Dyson is an ars*. He only hates the EU because they forced him to make the motors on his vacuum cleaners smaller. Yet he is on tv telling us how utterly awesomely powerful his latest machines are. So which is it James? Were you wrong about the EU and the smaller motors are fine or where you right and actually you are lying about your latest machines which are presumably crap. It's one or the other James......

I'm genuinely surprised that Dyson hasn't marketed a range of invisible clothes.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • FocusZing
    Dyson electric cars will be very interesting to follow. I love seeing the P100D decimate supercars, it amazes me how Telsa can fit a 100KW battery and make it have longevity and reliability.

The amount of government time wasted on Brexit is shocking. I would hate to monetise that!
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    You are what you hate! Post here and show everyone what a bigot you really are!
  • FocusZing wrote:
    Dyson electric cars will be very interesting to follow. I love seeing the P100D decimate supercars, it amazes me how Telsa can fit a 100KW battery and make it have longevity and reliability.

The amount of government time wasted on Brexit is shocking. I would hate to monetise that!

is a P100D an abrasive substance, a set of spanners or an angle grinder?

why do you love seeing a supercar reduced by 10%
  • Pituophis wrote:

I have tried to rearrange your words so they make some sort of sense

You Post what a bigot everyone really are show what you hate here and you are !
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Pituophis wrote:

Many of the posters complaining about Brexiteers are actually more intolerant and prejudiced than the people they despise. They just don't seem to know it. :roll:
    Some are just keyboard warriors though, obviously.
  • Pituophis wrote:
    Pituophis wrote:

Many of the posters complaining about Brexiteers are actually more intolerant and prejudiced than the people they despise. They just don't seem to know it. :roll:
    Some are just keyboard warriors though, obviously.

I think you need to re-read it :shock: