Thursday sungod's on holiday

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
But I'm not.

Found a potential minion to interview though.

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    hopkinb wrote:
    But I'm not.

Found a potential minion to interview though.
    Minions are good. I have a small collection :)

Oddly, SG normally posts on holiday as he still get up at a (S)ungodly hour to ride around Lanzagrote.

On train feeling tired, took ages to get to sleep. Woke up to find the chavs next door put their bin bags out again without putting them in the wheelie bin so the local foxes spread their rubbish all over the bloody street. Time for another moan to the local plod and see if I can persuade them to hurry up and deal with the dope smoking complaints...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Slow start as I’ve got the dentist this morning, meant a run on tired legs rather than a walk with the hound
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Morning

Short run this morning, although it still felt too long. Also tired from a blast around Llandegla last night, but I forgot to press go on Strava so not sure whether it happened or not.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Oddly, SG normally posts on holiday as he still get up at a (S)ungodly hour to ride around Lanzagrote
    Maybe too much fizz and overslept :shock:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    'ning

up early as usual (one of my many faults according to mrs s), i thought about posting but it's hols, had a wander instead

as oxo says, minions can be a pain, especially minions in other countries, i have a simple policy, if you need managing you won't be working for me

warm, sky blue, exchanged meows with a local pussycat, bike shiny, pool cool, had a few nespressos and read my inyt, shaping up for a lovely day

need to go stock up later at the smiley dinosaur
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    Morning

Short run this morning, although it still felt too long. Also tired from a blast around Llandegla last night, but I forgot to press go on Strava so not sure whether it happened or not.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Oddly, SG normally posts on holiday as he still get up at a (S)ungodly hour to ride around Lanzagrote
    Maybe too much fizz and overslept :shock:
    Correct strava situation......
    A few of us are at llandegla on Saturday morning
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    Hypo Dino
    Super Dino or
    Dino Sol?

Windy. Shorty produced a fart so bad, we had to drive with the windows down on the way to school.
    1 MILF
    63 MILA's. It's all wrong.

Fitted the kitchen door last night. Amazing the difference in feeling and looks because of one door.
    Going with a mate for a saunter in the Porker. He's burly and the right build should we need to push.
    Effects of yesterdays' epic wobbly (made epic by the gale, not the distance) still being felt. Then in the afternoon, it all died down and the sun came out. F*cking typical.

Minions with nice jugs make up for shortfalls in competence.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Fookin' knackered this morning as I got back from collecting the old dear and sister at 2am. Can't remember the last time I stayed up until that time sober, if I ever have come to that.
    Technically I am a minion, I just make sure I'm unmanageable so they leave me to it. Because I know what I'm doing and it works they tend to leave me to get on with it.
    Pinno wrote:
    1 MILF
    63 MILA's. It's all wrong.
    In Hanworth it would be similar but minus the 1. It's like a different planet here.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    TLW1 wrote:
    It was a bit slidy last night. Not sure if that was my tyre pressures or the filth all over the trails.
    Can't go Saturday unfortunately, saving legs for a hill climb in the afternoon. Sure you wouldn't rather ride 1 mile up a hill as fast as you can? :wink:
  • WFH, always a good thing. Time out to walk the dog, about 5 or 6 km along the beach and headland. Miscellaneous work drivel otherwise filled the day.

Bought some new MTB brakes online. Need to finish one of the bikes which has been sitting unassembled for several weeks on the work stand now...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,457
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Sorry have to disagree with the above, minions are an unnecessary PITA as they cause more hassle than they solve. Discarded mine several years ago and decided it's far easier being a minion and a PITA to someone else and letting them have the stress.
    Maybe you haven't heard the old adage that sh1t trickles downwards and credit trickles upwards :) You just have to recruit good ones and that's half the job done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Further to the nonsense of getting home at 2am sober. I can confirm it’s a ridiculous idea, I feel as bad as I would if I’d been drinking.
    There’s a lesson to be learnt here.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    It was a bit slidy last night. Not sure if that was my tyre pressures or the filth all over the trails.
    Can't go Saturday unfortunately, saving legs for a hill climb in the afternoon. Sure you wouldn't rather ride 1 mile up a hill as fast as you can? :wink:
    Fun bike only on Saturday
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

The winner gets a barrel of beer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

The winner gets a barrel of beer.
    You buying?

Need a barrel of beer, haven’t drank all week yet been out every night - even bored myself