need an shimano lh octalink 175mm crank arm

glenandem
glenandem Posts: 28
edited September 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
as above trying to find a 175mm octalink crank arm after i wrecked mine taking out a siezed pedal, i dont want to change the whole bb even though i know octalink is pretty much redundant, im trying to fix it to sell the bike.
ive seen an 170mm arm and wondered would it ride ok with that being 5mm smaller or does anyone know where i could get one cheap?
thanks in advance

Comments

• 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Ideally you want to have both cranks the same length, I men if you bought a bike with mismatched cranks, would you be pleased.

I d suggest ebay be your best bet, maybe the big online shops, evans, cr, wiggle may have something in the sale. Octalink was short lived so I doubt there is much of a choice
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    02GF74 wrote:
    I d suggest ebay be your best bet, maybe the big online shops, evans, cr, wiggle may have something in the sale. Octalink was short lived so I doubt there is much of a choice
    +1 for eBay. Even if you bought a second hand chainset and swapped both sides.
    Octolink BBs were still available last time I looked, served my old road bike well for nearly 10 years.