wednesday we're off to see the tabby

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, wfhotel, saunter to checkin, saunter to lounge, wfl, saunter to plane, wfp, doors close, hasta la vista gmc, bring on the bubbly

florence heading for usa, can zebedee be far behind, florence was a cutie, boing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, raining at the moment, but I am traveling to Macclesfield for a weeks work, by the look of the weather forecast it’s rainy there as well, never mind
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Enjoy SG

Should have stayed over last night, as I’m back in those offices today less than 9hrs after I left :(

Later is a run with the club and current wife
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy riding and basking sungod. May the tabby bring you tailwinds.

Looks damp. Must investigate where damp weather kit is.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Breezy wobble today. It's that in between period of what to wear so as to strike the right balance. Might talk to a few farm cats along the way.
    Snot rocket season is upon me.

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Rather moist here today. I thought the rain was my fault as I was hoping to ride in, plans were scuppered as I had to deliver the girl child to school and have to pick up a parcel later. Can't even drink beer tonight as I have a late airport run to collect my mother and sister from Gatwick.
    It's now over a week since I've ridden a bike, I really need to find some time but I'm completely shattered.
    Successfully got the cassette off the XD freewheel. Penetrating oil, a bench vice and pulling hard did the job. Amazing how much easier these things are when the thing you're pulling on is held securely. Also bashed out the BB before lobbing the frame in the scrap metal bin. Not sure if barely used press fit bearings are any good to anyone though, they've done no miles but being pressed in then bashed out once already probably doesn't help.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    swift checkin, grabbed some noval tawny in duty free, comfy chair in lounge, snacks, just got a bubbly refill

launching a few final email nukes into some gmc issues
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    I would have said enjoy the holiday SG, but I don't think that was in any doubt.
    I need a holiday, mine seems like months ago now. Might have to sneak a weekend away.
  • mf is sooooooooo bored.

#bored
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Enjoy SG.

Slightly soggy pedal in requiring a last minute change of kit due to crap weather forecasts but a decent ride in anyhow. Now making up the calorie deficit.

I've tried my 'sleep on it' tactic to help narrow down my car choices given that I usually get a decent gut feel for the answer when I'm half awake on a morning after my subconscious has been at work overnight. Trouble I've been so knackered this week that the half awake stage has been missed and the first thing I hear is the alarm.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Day 2 of new house resident - we picked up the rescue dog from the pound yesterday. She's a ~ 10 y/o Doberman X, skinny and was very nervous and stressed in the yard there, but we took a punt anyway. Fine in the car on the way home, has not barked even once in 2 days, and is already chilling out very nicely. She's just so pleased to be out of the cage and the noise - had been there for 2 months. Had a few long walks already, excited to be out in the fresh air, chased rabbits in the paddock today for fun, had a flat out run along the beach off leash. Happy (tired) dog. :D

Work meh otherwise.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Day 2 of new house resident - we picked up the rescue dog from the pound yesterday. She's a ~ 10 y/o Doberman X, skinny and was very nervous and stressed in the yard there, but we took a punt anyway. Fine in the car on the way home, has not barked even once in 2 days, and is already chilling out very nicely. She's just so pleased to be out of the cage and the noise - had been there for 2 months. Had a few long walks already, excited to be out in the fresh air, chased rabbits in the paddock today for fun, had a flat out run along the beach off leash. Happy (tired) dog. :D
    8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Day 2 of new house resident - we picked up the rescue dog from the pound yesterday. She's a ~ 10 y/o Doberman X, skinny and was very nervous and stressed in the yard there, but we took a punt anyway. Fine in the car on the way home, has not barked even once in 2 days, and is already chilling out very nicely. She's just so pleased to be out of the cage and the noise - had been there for 2 months. Had a few long walks already, excited to be out in the fresh air, chased rabbits in the paddock today for fun, had a flat out run along the beach off leash. Happy (tired) dog. :D

Work meh otherwise.

Great re the dog. I love taking my hound for a good long walk/run.
  • Day 2 of new house resident - we picked up the rescue dog from the pound yesterday. She's a ~ 10 y/o Doberman X, skinny and was very nervous and stressed in the yard there, but we took a punt anyway. Fine in the car on the way home, has not barked even once in 2 days, and is already chilling out very nicely. She's just so pleased to be out of the cage and the noise - had been there for 2 months. Had a few long walks already, excited to be out in the fresh air, chased rabbits in the paddock today for fun, had a flat out run along the beach off leash. Happy (tired) dog. :D

Work meh otherwise.

cool re hound. Het!

#woof

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I like dogs, unfortunately with both of us working it's not really an option. So, if I go upstairs and act inappropriately with the new HR girl that just got shown around I can get a dog.
    #winning
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I like dogs, unfortunately with both of us working it's not really an option. So, if I go upstairs and act inappropriately with the new HR girl that just got shown around I can get a dog.
    #winning

poidh

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    #winning

poidh
    You want pictures of Veronese acting inappropriately?
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    #winning

poidh

With the HR girl, in a cupboard.

Either that, or the dog he's gonna get.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    #winning

poidh

Will she fit in the cupboard once he's inflated her?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    #winning

poidh

She will leave deflated
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    #winning

poidh

She will leave deflated
    Meanwhile in Veronese's office...
    https://youtu.be/8IG8dw5qwXQ
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    edited September 2018
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!