sungod Posts: 16,432
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, pack shiny bike, do stuff, pineapple
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Today is riding bikes in the not insignificant wind then a few jobs followed by the Pub
  • ciao

was going to go for a bike ride but woke up too late. going to have coffee and wonder about the world whilst scratching The Hound behind the ear.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Tired - stayed up too late. Now need extra coffee - unlike the hound who is snoozing happily on the sofa. Jobs avoidance is the order of the day.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Ride done. Hopefully out for grub later to replace calories.
  • sungod
    grey and a bit breezy, ride mostly uneventful, though the car driving towards me on the segregated and heavily signposted cycle lanes at upper thames street was a standout moment
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Managed a slow start which was nice, best night’s kip I’ve had i a while so I still feel knackered of course. Sorting stuff out again today, been trying to get contact details and let people know about the old man. Going to stick something on Faceache to inform people we may not know. Choosing the right words isn’t easy, I’m going with short and simple.
    In between all that I’m trying to do the housework. Laundry done, better think about lunch next. More fettling in the garage may be necessary. Stripped the damaged Boardman I bought for parts yesterday, couldn’t get the cassette off though. Whilst it’s done no miles it’s been assembled dry and seized on. Weird Sram XD fitting means a replacement is £100 and I need a different freehub. But if I can’t get it off I downgrade and use a conventional fitting.
    Should put guards back on the green bike if I was being sensible.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    grey and a bit breezy, ride mostly uneventful, though the car driving towards me on the segregated and heavily signposted cycle lanes at upper thames street was a standout moment
    It's not that uncommon. Some drivers are divs.
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stripped the damaged Boardman I bought for parts yesterday, couldn’t get the cassette off though. Whilst it’s done no miles it’s been assembled dry and seized on. Weird Sram XD fitting means a replacement is £100 and I need a different freehub. But if I can’t get it off I downgrade and use a conventional fitting.
    try blasting the sleeve and freehub body with freezer spray, might be enough differential contraction to loosen things

btw make sure the lock ring tool's teeth engage deep enough within the cassette, it seems some tools don't go in as far and then the splines can get snapped off
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    sungod wrote:
    btw make sure the lock ring tool's teeth engage deep enough within the cassette, it seems some tools don't go in as far and then the splines can get snapped off
    Yes, had a read last night and discovered that. Might get a deeper tool and clamp it in the vice at work so everything is solid and I can just pull on the chain whip.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,
    Up early for some marshalling, which ended up being a bit of a waste because a third of the riders didn't show up and half of the remaining ones didn't finish due to a crash on the course (no riders involved) and the race was effectively abandoned. Free cake afterwards though.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yes, had a read last night and discovered that. Might get a deeper tool and clamp it in the vice at work so everything is solid and I can just pull on the chain whip.
    Use the QR/axle to clamp it?
    Saw that mentioned in an article once for normal cassettes, although I've never had need to try it.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Me scoffing DeLuxe Scotch Chille Bonne crisps from Lidl me. Christ they are hot.

Fish with a white Dill sauce and loads of veg later.

Weather can't make it's mind up. It's like April except it's not April.

I'm sure Bungle would help you with that cassette VN.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno’s healthy eating tips :D
    Wee bike ride with the current Mrs BBGeek, had roast beef and some red wine. Now watching the Dambusters film - when you check in on C4 it reminds you of racist language. We know, it’s at the end when the dog is run over. FFS.
    Still reckon Stevo should buy a Merc S500 and spend the remaining cash on good cigars, as befits a man of his stature.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno’s healthy eating tips :D
    Wee bike ride with the current Mrs BBGeek, had roast beef and some red wine. Now watching the Dambusters film - when you check in on C4 it reminds you of racist language. We know, it’s at the end when the dog is run over. FFS.
    Still reckon Stevo should buy a Merc S500 and spend the remaining cash on good cigars, as befits a man of his stature.
    Don't smoke so I'd have to think of a different use for the spare cash :P

Dambusters - reminds me of two good Carling ads from the 90's:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCmhR2JK1VE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuIJqF8av6I
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Just get the S500. Someone at work has one, and when it gets going it’s like it’s powered by coke. Look carefully and an ex-diplomat version which is literally bomb-proof is cheap as chips. Keeps the family safe.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    Lamb shoulder, soft and slow, spuds, carrots, broccoli. So good.

Bit of stinking bishop and tomme de savoie coming up to room temperature.
  • Beef, now sucking joints.
    Like your slurpings above, though.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Just get the S500. Someone at work has one, and when it gets going it’s like it’s powered by coke. Look carefully and an ex-diplomat version which is literally bomb-proof is cheap as chips. Keeps the family safe.
    Bit heavy, no? A mate of mine bought an old Beemer 7 series from the 1990's - probably used for diplomatic work out in Tokyo as its a Japanese import - the windows are double glazed!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    We had beef too, slightly over cooked due to an extra drink in the pub :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    S500 - cruiser of the highest standard.
    Though a low mileage one (see my link in the other thread) isn't cheap.

On another tack, I got the Porker going. :D:D:D:D
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!