Shand or Trillion

Dsmith1966
Dsmith1966 Posts: 2
edited September 2018 in MTB buying advice
Hi, I really like the Trillion bikes but have just noticed that you can have the same frame built as a Shand. Now I'm not sure what to do, do I have a long established brand for better re-sale value or go for a new unknown brand? Shand say that they use Trillion to try out bikes that don't fit in with their current line up, so why would they want them branded as Shand, I'm slightly confused as to which to go for now. Help!!

Comments

• I must get out more (or read more widely), I have never heard of either Shand or Trillion despite one of them "being a long established brand".

I am not having a go at you Dsmith1966, it is me that appears to be the ignorant one. :oops:
  • Links to the bikes/builds?
    I think I've vaguely heard of shand but not the other make.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Shand make Steel Rigiid “Adventure” bikes and Fat bikes IIRC.
    Never heard of Trillion but a quick google shows they make Steel HTs and we’re bought out by Liberty Steel(who I work for) in 2015.
    I can honestly say I’ve never seen either out on the the Trails or Road!
  • I have heard of both, but despite what look like and i am sure are very well made frames, i think the reason noone sees many is the price.

Which frame are you looking at? personally for the money i would be looking at cotic or stanton.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Which frame are you looking at? personally for the money i would be looking at cotic or stanton.
    ^^^^^This a both Cotic and Stanton(possibly more so Cotic) have a well known Pedigree.
    If you are set on Shand or Trillion both use decent quality Steel and look OK but with little known about them it could be a gamble!