Best beer EVER

shimanobottombracket
edited September 2018 in The cake stop
https://youtu.be/3CwlkEIFVn4?t=50

Also why have I been banned from posting on bikeradar?

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015

For posting meaningless threads that are nothing but a link to another site?! And isn't this a post?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696

Why not? Bloody Shimanoist. They are good only for fishing reels.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

how did you manage to post this then?

#mystery
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Robert88 wrote:
    They are good only for fishing reels.

Thankyou.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    FishFish wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    They are good only for fishing reels.

Thankyou.
    But can you dance the polka?

Best beer ever? Poperings Hommelbier.
  • FishFish
    How did you know that - they don't sell it at Aldi.

• secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I recall The Abroad Cooper was a delicious winter ale

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Anything that's been strained through the gusset of Nicole Scherzinger's knickers. Tetleys for choice though.
  • Matthewfalle
    Sapper Ale

or that stuff with the Iron Maiden man on (is it even the same stuff?)

#soreheadhappytummy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,715
    Only true lesson that I have learned is that beer you enjoy on travels never tastes the same at home.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Only true lesson that I have learned is that beer you enjoy on travels never tastes the same at home.

I will not argue with that.
  • Matthewfalle
    danny cipriani tried travelling with beer and look what happened to him

#cretin

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • FishFish
    danny cipriani tried travelling with beer and look what happened to him

#cretin

I think it was one of the Channel Islands and not Crete.

• mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Directors by Courage. First pint I ever ordered as a spotty under aged youth in my local. And I stand by it.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,415
    The best beer ever is the pint you have just finished followed closely by the pint you are about to have....

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    PhotoNic69 wrote:
    The best beer ever is the pint you have just finished followed closely by the pint you are about to have....

Unless both pints are Marstons Pedigree.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Mr Goo wrote:
    PhotoNic69 wrote:

Or Carling*

*Does Carling even count as a beer?
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Mouth wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    PhotoNic69 wrote:

Or Carling*

*Does Carling even count as a beer?

Nope. Nor does Carlsberg. Heineken, Fosters and Budweiser are also questionable. In fact any mainstream brew that calls itself 'Lager'. Which as we know one would get laughed at for ordering in Germany.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • It was Younger's No3 or Newcastle Exhibition for me 20 odd years ago,not readily available that much if at all now,but I do enjoy a good pint of Guinness and quite enjoy Trooper on draft
  • Is Youngers No 3 the same as Younger’s Scotch? If so, I’m right up for a pint of Scotch.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Is Youngers No 3 the same as Younger’s Scotch? If so, I’m right up for a pint of Scotch.

Similar but the Youngers Scotch is lower in strength under 4%.Scotch ale though is much stronger.
  • Watneys party seven. Ok, perhaps not. Had some nice beer in Germany over the hols, alpirsbach.
    No3 was defo darker and about 1% stronger than Scotch if I remember right,I did like Scotch as well,also McEwans 80 Shilling/Bob was a nice pint
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    My local brewery is pretty tasty.

http://www.360degreebrewing.com/ Their Stout and Single Hop are both lovely.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Marston's Bitter up to the mid 80s before it was reworked with a different recipe was always my yardstick. Pedigree was too as a step up, but their bitter was the go-to beer. Three pubs in the village used to vie for the 'best beer' reputation; we were spoilt for choice. And town was only a 20 minute walk away where more pubs squabbled over who kept Marstons beer the best. 80p a pint too.

I don’t live there anymore and for a while whenever Pedigree appeared locally here as the guest beer my eyes lit up at the prospect, but no-one has a clue about keeping it and keeping the pipes clean. Too many foul pints have made me give up on it, esp when a clueless landlord claims “that's how it’s meant to taste”, or “it doesn’t travel well.” Pedigree is superb if looked after. Go to the east mids if you want to know how it should taste.
  • CiB wrote:
    but no-one has a clue about keeping it and keeping the pipes clean. Too many foul pints have made me give up on it, esp when a clueless landlord claims “that's how it’s meant to taste”, or “it doesn’t travel well.” Pedigree is superb if looked after. Go to the east mids if you want to know how it should taste.

Similar story from my local when i was in my early 20's,the landlord bought it off the owners and cut corners the bitter went bloody awful,shame as he had the best pint of Younger's in town when he was being told what to do
  • Yes Pedigree is a decent beer but I do live within 15 miles of the brewery so grew up drinking Burton beers. I actually like draught Bass too, it doesn't seem to get much love from real beer lovers but I like it and it was a common drink round here in my youth so I guess there is an element of it being what I think beer should taste like. Both those beers are pretty inoffensive - not the kind of beer you would buy a half and savour the flavour.

What I do miss is a decent mild, you never seem to see it now, you can't even buy a bottle of it to try at home.

Not really a fan of light hoppy citrusy beers.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,400
    Tashman wrote:
    My local brewery is pretty tasty.

http://www.360degreebrewing.com/ Their Stout and Single Hop are both lovely.
    Looking forward to the members night here on Saturday. £50 buys a years membership and you get 4 members nights in return. This time they're laying on a band and BBQ with free beer all night. A great way to try out their range Happy days. :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    ...grew up drinking Burton beers.
    Went on a tour of the Fullers brewery a few years back, apparently the water is treated to mimic the water of the Trent by a process called Burtonisation. But supposedly the water from the Trent is not the same as it was so now also needs to be Burtonised.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Youngs Ramrod and Special. The first is a bottled bitter and the latter a draught bitter. Put them together in a 50 / 50 mixture and it’s beery heaven.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)