Kantstandhim Siutswho

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited September 2018 in Pro race
This is gonna be fun...

http://www.uci.org/inside-uci/press-rel ... in-siutsou

AAF for EPO

Has ridden for 9 teams over 17 years but, call me cynical, the only one that will matter will be the one he rode for in 2012-2015...

Any guesses? Rhymes with Spy...
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• hang on he rode for sky? that doesnt matter, its an AAF hes not guilty etc etc etc

hang on hes johnny foreigner and he doesnt ride for sky anymore...... HANG HIM
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    hang on he rode for sky? that doesnt matter, its an AAF hes not guilty etc etc etc

hang on hes johnny foreigner and he doesnt ride for sky anymore...... HANG HIM

Yawn
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    see?
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Has ridden for 9 teams over 17 years but, call me cynical, the only one that will matter will be the one he rode for in 2012-2015...

I'm sure 2007 will be mentioned too ;)
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Seen 2 different reports so far, both start with 'former Sky rider...'
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    AAF for EPO isn't the same "innocent until proven guilty" path as AAF for salbutamol, as you well know Vino!

If Siutsou wants to make any cash now, the door is wide open for him to drop the bombs around Sky if he was doping whilst he was there. Alternatively, this is a classic story of an ageing pro turning to dope in the twilight of his career as he sees the young guns ride away from him and who wants to continue riding because that's all he knows.

The Sky connection does of course need exploring, and in the British press that's fair enough as a) TS are the biggest British cycling team and b) Joe Public have never heard of the rider and probably not of Bahrain Merida either so the story would be worth zero column inches if there was no previous Sky connection.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • ddraver
    Your second paragraph somewhat contradicts your second paragraph there...
    - @ddraver
  • larkim
    Your first para contradicts your first!!
  • larkim
    My point was, its fair enough to ask him the question - were you doping when you were at Sky and report that that question has been asked. It's also the case that the "ageing pro" picture seems to be the most likely outcome.

And it's fair enough to ask Sky - one of your former riders has now been found to have doped. Did you have any suspicions of him when he rode for you?

And now that he's been "outed" with no chance of getting back into the pro peloton at his age, if he does have dirt to dish his earning potential could be high if there is significant value in that story.

I don't see any contradictions?
  • Bit of a nothing story though I suppose a rider getting popped for EPO reminds us that drug is still used, for some reason I googled him and if you look at pictures with his hair a bit longer he is quite like a young Long John Baldry.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited September 2018
    ddraver wrote:
    This is gonna be fun...

http://www.uci.org/inside-uci/press-rel ... in-siutsou

AAF for EPO

Any guesses? Rhymes with Spy...

Well, I just had to go and look in the Clinic, not that I had any doubts.
    Amazing how they place so much faith in that old UCI suspicion list, that now almost looks as if was released, back to front.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Belter from the Clinic's favourite son:

"Siutsou. So he started doping with epo after sky. Despite being on another planet as Wiggins’ domestique for the 2012 Tour de France."

He abandoned on the 3rd stage.
  • ddraver
    You re both braver than me..!
    - @ddraver
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Apparently they are now just like USPS
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Meanwhile, there's a cracking stage happening at the Vuelta.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • ddraver wrote:
    You re both braver than me..!

I just can't resist good comedy writing.
  • DeadCalm wrote:
    Meanwhile, there's a cracking stage happening at the Vuelta.

Starring a 40 year old Bahrain Merida rider. Bet the clinic have something to say about that! :roll:

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • giphy.gif
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Im confused.Were have all the " this is going to destroy our sport " posts gone?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    john1967 wrote:
    Im confused.Were have all the " this is going to destroy our sport " posts gone?
    I'm not sure we've ever really had them here.

I think most people can see this for what it is - a 36 year old out of contract at a time when teams are slimming down their posters who is desperate to stay in the game because he hadn't planned for leaving it yet.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Oh. That's OK then.I was just expecting 100s of posts on how bad it was for cycling but it turns out to be just some nobody playing the system.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Strip him of his Tour of Georgia win in 2008. That’ll teach him.
  • MOOOOO HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH Just what we needed to spice things up.
  • larkim
    Might as well link to his instagram where he publishes his test results from online portal. And draw attention to the gap between 2013 and 2017. Make of it what you will (including his stream of consciousness comments!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnV218CAPdX ... ta.siutsou
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    MOOOOO HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH Just what we needed to spice things up.

I can’t see this story lasting more than a day or two. If this is the sort of thing we need to make the sport interesting we’re all in trouble .
  • MOOOOO HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH Just what we needed to spice things up.

MOOO HAHAHAH etc indeed.

Did you spot on that list he published that he got tested in Tenerfie?

Bang goes another long standing, nut job theory.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,879
    edited September 2018
    larkim wrote:
    Might as well link to his instagram where he publishes his test results from online portal. And draw attention to the gap between 2013 and 2017. Make of it what you will (including his stream of consciousness comments!)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnV218CAPdX ... ta.siutsou

He seems to be asking the same question. 'Where did all my test results go?'
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • larkim
    I think Tucker for once has re-tweeted something useful - LTD tweeted his list and the summary was missing the 2013-2017 data too, but the detailed list on the RHS of the page was full of tests from that period. Must be a system glitch with ADAMS.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    larkim wrote:
    I think Tucker for once has re-tweeted something useful - LTD tweeted his list and the summary was missing the 2013-2017 data too, but the detailed list on the RHS of the page was full of tests from that period. Must be a system glitch with ADAMS.
    Pretty unhelpful glitch when you look at the comments on his Instagram.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    LTD's test page:

DmaOcerWwAEQDPu.jpg:large

I notice his 9 March 2018 has "Ongeldig" for bloodpassport, that's invalid in English right? What's going on there, what's the explanation for that not being an AAF?