My YT Capra

steve_sordy
steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
edited September 2018 in Your mountain bikes
I have just joined Flickr, the photo sharing website and I'm very much a newbie. I don't seem to be able to log off or indeed have any privacy at all. Anyway, as I only have some pics of my Capra, I thought I'd have a go at posting a few pics on here, although it might well end as all of them! So apologies in advance.

Edit: Blood Yell! That was my Flickr account! You could see everything (not that there was much to see except my bikes, but who knows where that could go?)

I'll have another go.
Hmm, it seems that unless you are a member of Facepuke or (a T, a bird or a P) then I have to use an email address.

But the good news is that I can see that I do have a privacy option, I just don't know how to switch it on.

This is supposed to be easy! :oops:

Comments

• CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    No links Steve.

Try http://imgur.com

Super easy to use... just drag and drop your pics and then copy and paste the link ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • steve_sordy
    CitizenLee wrote:
    No links Steve.

Try http://imgur.com

Super easy to use... just drag and drop your pics and then copy and paste the link ;)

Flickr is supposed to be super easy to use. All my mates are on it, so I'll not give up straight away. But thanks for the offer of help.
  • steve_sordy
    Another go.

Edit: although I only pasted one, you could se all my pics and also access my account. no good then.

I need to get a handle on this privacy thing.

I'll stop now for a while.
  • gomezz
    gomezz Posts: 99
    Steve, ask your grandson! kids can do owt. :P
  • steve_sordy
    Trying again!

Edit:

Hmm! I used ....., with the image URL where the .... are.

It created a little pic with the word image, which if I clicked on it, it went to a new page with the bike pic on it, but you were still able to see all the rest of my pics, not just that one. I'm really uncomfortable with anyone being able to see all my pics, even though they are just of bikes. I need to find a way to show just one pic at a time.
  • CitizenLee
    See my reply above ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    Steve,

Try imgur - that's how I've posted pics on here.

Or send them to me and I'll do it!
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • steve_sordy
    This should do it!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/166345237 ... 851578060/

You should only be able to see one pic.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    looks nice bike that, must be hard to ride without any pedals.
  • CitizenLee
    That worked Steve, lovely bike!

....but why are there loads of photos of you scantily clad in a hot tub? :D
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • steve_sordy
    swod1 wrote:
    looks nice bike that, must be hard to ride without any pedals.

:) I bought it like that, I'm selling it like that. :)
  • I like the idea of posting an actual picture and not a link. I believe that I should put before the link and also putafter the link. Like this:

album-72157694851578060

But what that does means that you have to click on the graphic and open the image in a new tab.

How do I paste in an actual picture?

PS: I'm using Flickr
    PPS: How many pictures can you actually see?
  • CitizenLee
    You need a link from Flickr that ends in .jpg

Then add the link goes here tags around it (remove the spaces after the g - I just added them so it breaks the tags otherwise they wont display). It should them embed it in the post, no further clicking or new tabs required.

Been a while since I used Flickr so I can't remember my log-in details or where to get the actual jpg link, but it's there somewhere! Pretty much why I just use Imgur for posting pics on forums though as Flickr is a pain.

I can only see one photo btw ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • Many thanks CitizenLee, knowing that there is such a thing is half the battle! :D
  • OK I give up! I need help.

Does any user of Flickr user out there know how to post a picture from Flickr onto this Forum so that it displays as a picture and not a glyph that needs clicking to open in another page. Or a URL that needs clicking to open?

I have tried pasting in the picture URL, and also getting a condensed bit URL from the "share" function/ And I have tried both the above within the .... tags.

I have deleted most of my unsuccessful efforts so as not to clutter up this tread anymore than I already have! :oops:
  • do you use chrome? if so right click on the image choose inspect element or just inspect, then from the window on the right in the elements tab you should see the flikr picture name underlined ending jpg, right click on this and choose copy link address, then paste that in between the ], this should do the trick, check in preview, when i do this it just uses the image and doesnt link to the flickr account
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Are you doing it from a lap top or tablet?
    I can never post it from my iPhone/tablet.
    If on a laptop click on the image.The image will then be surrounded black border with options to the right.
    Hover over an icon that looks like an arrow pointing into square with no top.This gives you sizes or “view all sizes”.
    Click on view all sizes and you’ll get a large image with a list if sizes.Right click on the size want(I use medium 640) and you’ll get a drop box.Click on view image info and you’ll get a box with the image JPEG url.(sometimes starts with “Farm-static.....jpeg”)
    Copy that and paste between [url][/url] and you’ll display the image in your post.
    It’s nowhere near as complicated as my post makes it look!
    The url must end in jpeg or it will just appear as a link like yours!
  • Right lets see if I can explain this,I only do this on my lap top from Flickr
    Have the photo you want up on the page,on the lower right of the photo there is 4 icons,click the arrow going to the right and a white box will come up on the on your screen,on this select the BBcode,right click and copy all,you then paste to your reply, save [img][/img]and everything in between delete the rest and it should work
  • Right lets see if I can explain this,I only do this on my lap top from Flickr
    Have the photo you want up on the page,on the lower right of the photo there is 4 icons,click the arrow going to the right and a white box will come up on the on your screen,on this select the BBcode,right click and copy all,you then paste to your reply, save [img][/img]and everything in between delete the rest and it should work
    This.

You'll get a load of text like this:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/XcGuec][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4374/36232003133_caa2784387_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/XcGuec]IMG_20170823_171359[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/tallpaul_s/]Paul Sims[/url], on Flickr

You can either post the whole lot which will give a clickable photo with your user name below it, like so:
    36232003133_caa2784387_b.jpgIMG_20170823_171359 by Paul Sims, on Flickr

Or remove the bottom 2 lines (everything after the first [/url]) leaving this:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/XcGuec][img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4374/36232003133_caa2784387_b.jpg[/img][/url]

Which looks like this.
    36232003133_caa2784387_b.jpg

HTH
  • Many thanks to all that have replied so helpfully. :)

I will read through that lot and then go experiment. Watch this space! :roll:
  • bambam363 wrote:
    do you use chrome? if so right click on the image choose inspect element or just inspect, then from the window on the right in the elements tab you should see the flikr picture name underlined ending jpg, right click on this and choose copy link address, then paste that in between the ], this should do the trick, check in preview, when i do this it just uses the image and doesnt link to the flickr account

Here we go

43519840844_f3b603fca4_b.jpg

Wow it works!

It took a bit of a search to find it though. After opening "element" a box opens on the RHS the box is full of lots of windows each with their own slider. After searching through them all and then starting again, I found the above link (it starts with https://c1.staticflickr) in the very top window after scrolling down towards the bottom. Easy to do now I know what to do. But I would NEVER have thought to look on "Element" to start with. Never in a million years. Thanks. I'll try the other suggestions now.
  • Sniper68 wrote:
    Are you doing it from a lap top or tablet?
    I can never post it from my iPhone/tablet.
    If on a laptop click on the image.The image will then be surrounded black border with options to the right.
    Hover over an icon that looks like an arrow pointing into square with no top.This gives you sizes or “view all sizes”.
    Click on view all sizes and you’ll get a large image with a list if sizes.Right click on the size want(I use medium 640) and you’ll get a drop box.Click on view image info and you’ll get a box with the image JPEG url.(sometimes starts with “Farm-static.....jpeg”)
    Copy that and paste between [url][/url] and you’ll display the image in your post.
    It’s nowhere near as complicated as my post makes it look!
    The url must end in jpeg or it will just appear as a link like yours!

I am using a laptop.
    The "arrow pointing into a square with no top" looks like "an arrow pointing down to a line" and is labelled the download option. It is the one that contains the list of sizes etc and "view all sizes" as you stated. When the picture opened, I could not find "view image info" so I right clicked and opted for "copy image address". Then pasted between tags as below.43519840734_b5e9b0cc3e_z.jpg

It works! Yey, I'm getting good at this.

This is quicker and more intuitive to do (feels less techy) than the previous method suggested. (sorry bambam363) :(
  • steve_sordy
    edited September 2018
    Right lets see if I can explain this,I only do this on my lap top from Flickr

OK, done that (previously I had just copied the short code that appears in the white box)

44188551312_3a0fc50b8a_b.jpg3 Capra rear hub right by Steve Sordy, on Flickr

Well that works, but I am having difficulty getting rid of the user name. Couldn't find which bit to delete. Which is why I posted the above. I'll have another go.

44188551312_3a0fc50b8a_b.jpg

I've got it now. When you said "save [img][/img][img]and everything in between delete the rest and it should work". You meant delete everything either side of the first pair of image tags. It works, but I still prefer the method by sniper68, it just feels easier. Maybe all I need is practice, but I already believe that I could do the sniper68 method without any prompting after having done it only once. But thanks a bunch to eric draven and TallPaull_S between you I got that sorted :)[/img]
  • Many thanks to:
      bambam363 Sniper68 TallPaul_S eric draven

You have all been of great help to me. I have learned a lot more than just posting pics on Bike Radar. Who knew there was so much stuff in the background?

:D
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Sorted!
  • I've left it a while and had another go the way that Sniper68 recommended, just to see if it was as intuitive as I thought.

44188483682_bf46a14897_z.jpg

Yeyyyyy!!

I've got this, finally. :oops: