sungod Posts: 16,432
edited September 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee and nibbles, more lab stuff, beats working
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Late start as it’s the youngest first day at secondary, was hoping for a lie in but last nights training run with the running club has left me restless
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Fuggin work. At least it's a late start on 1st day. Main task is to ascertain bike parking and shower situation. All else is secondary.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Patchy drizzle at the moment but not enough to get wet, just to make all the corners slippery.
    I've now met a third person who parks in the same place as me and cycles in to work, it's getting a bit crowded now for my liking.
    Expecting another day chasing my tail. Might book a month off work.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Main task is to ascertain bike parking and shower situation. All else is secondary.
    Sounds like sensible priorities.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Fuggin work. At least it's a late start on 1st day. Main task is to ascertain bike parking, norkage, coffee, norkage, ho n blow locations and shower situation. All else is secondary.

that's ma boy. enjoy the new place - keep us informed. Any problems shout and I'll send the MFs down to have a word.

Bambino started new school today. lots of nerves but within 30 seconds had been swept up in playground melee so MF hopes that all good.

now just kicking heels in the sun and drinking coffee - all a bit quiet.

#eeriesilence
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    At work and busy, mind is elsewhere and body wants to join it. managed to ride in but Bushy Park was shut for the cull so I have a month of the road around the outside. Deep joy.
    Today's main objective is not to kill anyone to death, I think killing them a little bit is ok though.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, much business as the schools have returned many more humans are now in the building, plus I get to go minion shopping.

Pedalled in on the plastic bike with the Wahoo for the first time today, assuming any PB's are down to the "aero mount".

Much coffee inhaled and little work to being done, thus far today is going swimmingly.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning crowd, coffee fuelled day, with head banging the keyboard as I manage academics. May go out and snatch some lunch
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    TLW1 wrote:
    Late start as it’s the youngest first day at secondary, was hoping for a lie in but last nights training run with the running club has left me restless
    Similar for me - Stropteen starts her new 6th form today although she's pretty self-propelled these days so left her to it this morning once we knew she had woken up.

Good ride in but need to ditch the bike at work to go collect the car which has been fixed a couple of days earlier than the garage originally estimated. And then collect Stressbag who needs to give back the hire car early then needs a lift home from me. Will ride home tomorrow instead.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The baskets sent me the rwong throttle cable.
    Toots run in the van for a couple pf days.

It's sunny. Much nicer day than yesterday. That's because I planned and went out for a bike ride. Typical.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    I'm a gonna be busy. I fear for my crossword solving abilities.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Oops.

Hopefully you won't have to wait until the Japanese expats go home before you leave the office?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Oops.

Hopefully you won't have to wait until the Japanese expats go home before you leave the office?

Nah. Even if I do, they start a flexible working policy on 10th Sept. Every minute outside your contracted hours you get back, up to 35 hours. Not bad.
  • hopkinb
    I met the emea/cis CFO today. Big Chelsea fan apparently. On his second tour of duty in London.
  • hopkinb
    In terms of my objectives, I have a bike rack, but have not yet been inducted into the gym for showers etc. So train w@nkering it again tomorrow. :(
  • Never mind all that bollox, how about the important bits?

#essentials

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Don’t think I’m going to bother going to work tomorrow, other priorities. Besides I need to let the other slackers catch up a bit as the figures were looking slightly comical.
  • hopkinb
    Never mind all that bollox, how about the important bits?

#essentials

Hoes and blow as before, I'm only a few hundred yards down the road. No norkage. None. Not a sniff.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    I met the emea/cis CFO today. Big Chelsea fan apparently. On his second tour of duty in London.
    I wondered who the foreign touristy types were sitting near us at Stamford Bridge last season :)
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Never mind all that bollox, how about the important bits?

#essentials

Hoes and blow as before, I'm only a few hundred yards down the road. No norkage. None. Not a sniff.

Seriously? Phunk dat shyyyyt man. That ain't dope. A building full of crusty squares? Sheeeesh, no brother can live like that.

#timepiecebrother?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I wondered who the foreign touristy types were sitting near us at Stamford Bridge last season :)

They were the Manure fans

#scum

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

They were the Manure fans

#scum
    As Chelsea fans say to Manure fans when The Blues are playing away at Old Trafford, "We'll race you back to London" :)
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    I haven't bothered to read the whole thread (or any of it tbh) but a word in the title caught my eye.

Colider. I went to a sausage and cider festival (ahem...) and there was a cola flavoured cider. Tasted like Panda pops cola, for those of a certain generation. I reckon that after about 8 pints of it you would fall off a cliff, at great pace.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    aha, i was hinting at let's talk cocktails with the ambiguity of did he mean collider or colada, but it didn't work

cola flavoured cider, that sounds very wrong
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod wrote:
    aha, i was hinting at let's talk cocktails with the ambiguity of did he mean collider or colada, but it didn't work

it sounds like an utterly massive headache waiting to happen.

#groanleavemealonei'mdying

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    sungod wrote:

it sounds like an utterly massive headache waiting to happen.

#groanleavemealonei'mdying

I only had one pint, because I was driving. Thankfully. I reckon my teeth would have dissolved in the sugar content and caused more grief than any hangover.
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.