tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need a holiday
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    holidays are good, you should have more, me too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Dropped the car off for latest bit of remedial work. Now headed home to do a spot of DFH (delegating from home).

Hope the shock of work isn't too much for some people today :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dropped the car off for latest bit of remedial work. Now headed home to do a spot of DFH (delegating from home).

Not til tomorrow...I'm still in the employ of GBC today.

Collecting hound from kennel in a bit.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    it is raining the metaphorical cats and dogs. Gym later. Book a London hotel and a Manchester hotel at some point today for some work trips.

Ps any London crowd got any restaurant shouts which aren't the usual / well known. Just don't send me to Croydon or similar. Fancy or hipster either/or
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

No bike today due to the cats and dogs so I was sitting in the back to work traffic jam.
    Was going to go for a run at lunchtime instead but someone's arranged a meeting just before lunch which I think will drag on a bit.
  • sungod
    Flâneur wrote:
    it is raining the metaphorical cats and dogs. Gym later. Book a London hotel and a Manchester hotel at some point today for some work trips.

Ps any London crowd got any restaurant shouts which aren't the usual / well known. Just don't send me to Croydon or similar. Fancy or hipster either/or
    cuisine?
    are you saying you want fancy or hipster?
  • hopkinb
    Flâneur wrote:

Budget? Area you're staying in? Lunch/dinner?
  • ciao

sun is shining.coffee to be drunk, bit of tinkering and job jobbed. final bit of school uniform purchasing to be done.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    ciao

sun is shining.coffee to be drunk, bit of tinkering and job jobbed. final bit of school uniform purchasing to be done.

Did you win?
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Not til tomorrow...I'm still in the employ of GBC today.
    Drat. Still applies to TLW though, sounds like he needs to delegate more.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    I appear to have bought another bike, whoops. There was a damaged Boardman CX on the Bay with Rival hydraulics for £150. That gets me a groupset and forks for the bamboo bike. Just need to actually build the thing now, I just need more time as it's all a bit chaotic at the moment.
    The old man is now in morphine as he was in a bit of pain. Seems to think he went for a good run yesterday so I guess it's working.
    Manically busy at work so I'm going to turn my phone off in an attempt at idiot avoidance.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...for the bamboo bike.

Now there is a bike that could be chopped up, thrown into the neighbours garden and set alight to.
    In fact. it's the only thing I would do with it.

'Croydon'?! I'm pretty sure that counts as Surrey, even with my limited knowledge of the smoke but i'm sure someone will correct me if wrong, after all this is a forum :roll:
    Croydon is where I bought the W123 Merc.
    You left the dog in the kennel until today even though you got back on Saturday?! I'll have words with you Hoppy.

Cool, sunny, breezy. Off for a pedal. Might have to put more cycling clothes on than I would like to.

Might get old new banger up and running this week. Yippee.

Update after wobble.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...for the bamboo bike.
    Now there is a bike that could be chopped up, thrown into the neighbours garden and set alight to.
    At least you'd have to actively set it on fire, it won't spontaneously combust like your car did. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...for the bamboo bike.
    At least you'd have to actively set it on fire, it won't spontaneously combust like your car did. :lol:
    Sounds like a case of 'you get what you pay for' :P
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2018
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    I appear to have bought another bike, whoops. There was a damaged Boardman CX on the Bay with Rival hydraulics for £150. That gets me a groupset and forks for the bamboo bike. Just need to actually build the thing now, I just need more time as it's all a bit chaotic at the moment.
    The old man is now in morphine as he was in a bit of pain. Seems to think he went for a good run yesterday so I guess it's working.
    Manically busy at work so I'm going to turn my phone off in an attempt at idiot avoidance.
    Boardman CX with Rival kit is a good bike, was thinking about one as a spare communter hack.
  • Flâneur
    @ MF - you going back to school?
    @ Pinno, I agree about Croydon, however some people seem to want to include such places as "London"
    @ Stevo , people on here work?
    @ Hop, poor hound.

And for everyone else, not even sorted where I will stay yet so,
    @ Location - doesn't matter as long as we can keep drinking until the normal small hours
    @ Budget - Don't mind (within reason before someone says they can get me a table at Petrus
    @ Cuisine - anything besides Pinno's favourite kebab shop under that seedy bridge.

I'm tempted for my own indulgence to head off to a Hawksmoore, but I just fancy a steak this lovely Monday morning. Just shout out your favourite spots
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    You left the dog in the kennel until today even though you got back on Saturday?! I'll have words with you Hoppy.
    Flâneur wrote:

@Hop, poor hound

Arrived home at ten to midnight on Sat night.

Kennel admin closed on Sunday so can't pick up our drop off.

Kennel opened at 9.30 Monday, which is when we arrived to collect dog.
  • sungod
    steak, plush https://thehawksmoor.com/locations/knig ... ch-dinner/ you had this one
    steak, plush http://www.theribroom.co.uk/home less well known, it's been there forever, i remember it over 50 years!
    steak, informal argentinian steak place with good bar (and plenty of other bars nearby) https://comedor.london
    indian, plush http://www.bombayb.co.uk/ plush, interesting dishes, cosy bar (if you go for indian, ffs don't try benares in berkley square, deeply disappointing)
    french (with good steaks, tartare etc.), http://www.le-colombier-restaurant.co.uk/ proper french, great wine list
  • hopkinb
    Flâneur wrote:

And for everyone else, not even sorted where I will stay yet so,
    @ Location - doesn't matter as long as we can keep drinking until the normal small hours
    @ Budget - Don't mind (within reason before someone says they can get me a table at Petrus
    @ Cuisine - anything besides Pinno's favourite kebab shop under that seedy bridge.

I'm tempted for my own indulgence to head off to a Hawksmoore, but I just fancy a steak this lovely Monday morning. Just shout out your favourite spots

Hawksmoor or Goodman are both good for a steak. Monday at hawksmoor is especially good, as you can bring your own wine for a fiver a bottle.

Fish Central on central street just north of the barbican is good for fish and chips.

Burgers at honest burger or bleeker burger are good.

Dishoom is not too bad for Indian.

Smoking Goat, barrafina, bao, naughty piglets, the other naughty piglet, bocca di lupo, polpetto, J Sheekey, Andrew Edmunds, Noble Rot, the Harwood Arms, the ledbury, Rochelle canteen, quality chop house.

There's a few I like, and have eaten at in the last 2 years or so, none in Croydon.

Time Out probably do a guide to best 100 restaurants in london which might be useful.

Happy scoffing!
  • Stevo_666
    He's from near Liverpool so the Angus Steak House should do just fine :)
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wind your neck in Mr Chelski, just because you can't make football digs currently. Ps, didn't know they still existed, nor do I have any idea how good or bad there are. As a scouser I'd end up in Honest Burgers

To everyone else, thank you kindly for your favourites
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    edited September 2018
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wind your neck in Mr Chelski, just because you can't make football digs currently. Ps, didn't know they still existed, nor do I have any idea how good or bad there are. As a scouser I'd end up in Honest Burgers

To everyone else, thank you kindly for your favourites
    Oh, I dunno about that :wink:

40152325_1899809920055894_3285328649166782464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=0e77fedb0ab79bba97128dff8ae78a1a&oe=5C2DAEA0

Anyhow, our resident bon viveurs got there first on the suggestions.
  • veronese68
    Disappointed nobody’s suggested taking the date up the Oxo tower.
    Been to lunch with the Swedish, work done for the day and now ready for the important stuff.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, Stevo 1 - 0 Chavs & scumbags.

The council replied to our last mail saying next doors scummy bedsit will no longer be a scummy bedsit after this month and is going back to being rented as a single house - which chavs can't afford. Scumbag landlord and slimy managing agent bit off more than they could chew :D Just got to make sure that the assorted dolies, chavs and druggies **** off in 4 weeks time...
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Disappointed nobody’s suggested taking the date up the Oxo tower.
    Been to lunch with the Swedish, work done for the day and now ready for the important stuff.
    Just going there or eating there?
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    steak, plush http://www.theribroom.co.uk/home less well known, it's been there forever, i remember it over 50 years
    This place decent? I'm well used to London prices, but forty quid for a lamb biryani...apart from that, it almost seems like Rules, which is also good in a London 40 years ago kind of way.
  • hopkinb
    Went out on my bike after > 2 weeks. Ooof. Only 20 miles or so. When I start the commute again I might put the wheels with the big tyres on, so I have an excuse for being slow.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    This is the image in my mind:

s-l1600.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    No, I’d never wear a T-shirt like that as I’m too puny. Let alone those sunglasses.