Bars: Zipp SL-70 38cm
Stem: Deda 120mm
Seat: Specialized Power
Groupset: Dura Ace Disc 9100 (9170?) throughout bar the cranks
Cranks: Cannondale SI 172.5
Pedals: Look Keo Blade 2 Team Edition
Wheels: Hollowgram Tubeless Carbon, 35mm
Tires: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless
Accessories: PowerPod, Wahoo Elemnt Bolt, Specialized SWAT roll, Lizard Skins DSP 3.2mm tape
Weight: Haven't weighed it, I'm too heavy to bother!

Quick, pretty paintjob, light!

Comments

• Love the CAADs, still the benchmark for lightweight/ performance
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • vespario
    vespario Posts: 228
    Lovely looking bike.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    More pics pls
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Looks a lot nicer than my 105 version (boring matt black)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    rocking that. top het.

be better once you have cut the rubbish off the top of the stem.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    rocking that. top het.

Stupid top cap is 25mm, so I've ordered a 5mm slam that stem job and some hope spacers in purple - 15mm below, 5mm on top, bosh. Much cleaner.
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    That is lovely, some better pics needed!
  • Matthewfalle
    Poptart242 wrote:
    rocking that. top het.

Stupid top cap is 25mm, so I've ordered a 5mm slam that stem job and some hope spacers in purple - 15mm below, 5mm on top, bosh. Much cleaner.

why are you putting a 5mm on top? just get the steerer cut properly and you won't need it to be able to pre-load.

just amateurish/lazy otherwise.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • poptart242
    Poptart242 wrote:
    rocking that. top het.

why are you putting a 5mm on top? just get the steerer cut properly and you won't need it to be able to pre-load.

just amateurish/lazy otherwise.

Well....this lazy amateur will be keeping 5mm on top.
  • Matthewfalle
    oh well.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Dont forget you've got that massive conical 10mm spacer below as well so plenty of wiggle room
  • poptart242
    Dont forget you've got that massive conical 10mm spacer below as well so plenty of wiggle room

25mm now with this new carbon one(!), so it's sitting on that for the moment until the slamthatstem 5mm one arrives - will play with the position a little over the next couple of weeks then chop it down.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Can you not just put some more nice pics up please?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    that is a tasty looking bike (or it will be when youve hacked off the waste bits?
  • Get a 17 deg stem so it sits flat/horizontal like the bike's top tube - Thomson X2 say.

Very pretty bike...
  • siddy1972
    siddy1972 Posts: 180
    Really nice. Love these in this colour. Have you taken off the cone cap yet? On the Supersix, there’s a slammed one underneath the tall one, like a two piece job, you may not need a new cap!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Lovely. Really like these, considering getting one to go with my rim brake one, just because I like the bike and colour so much.
  • poptart242
    Right you lot, the fork chimney has been cut! Photos to follow after the weekend - running 15mm of spacer under the stem now so it's prettyyy low, but not quite slammed. I'm flexible enough for it now but I'll be keeping this one for a long time and I'm future proofing!
  • poptart242
    siddy1972 wrote:
    Really nice. Love these in this colour. Have you taken off the cone cap yet? On the Supersix, there’s a slammed one underneath the tall one, like a two piece job, you may not need a new cap!

Took it off, no slammed one, bought one, then checked again and there it was, wedged right in there. Gutted!
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    Love it, de-sticker the wheels and that will take it to the next level :wink:
  • How are you getting on with the BB30a, is it creaking yet, because it will do. I love mine but have paid top bucks for a C-Bear B/B and still the creaking persists, do not plan on buying another press fit or push fit in the near future, shame really coz its a lovely bike .
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    creampie wrote:
    How are you getting on with the BB30a, is it creaking yet, because it will do. I love mine but have paid top bucks for a C-Bear B/B and still the creaking persists, do not plan on buying another press fit or push fit in the near future, shame really coz its a lovely bike .

6000+ miles on mine and it’s the BB hasn’t creaked yet. Maybe it’s user error?
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    creampie wrote:
    How are you getting on with the BB30a, is it creaking yet, because it will do. I love mine but have paid top bucks for a C-Bear B/B and still the creaking persists, do not plan on buying another press fit or push fit in the near future, shame really coz its a lovely bike .

6000+ miles on mine and it’s the BB hasn’t creaked yet. Maybe it’s user error?

10,000+ miles on mine, original bearings. No problems.
  • Another nod of approval for the colour scheme.
  • creampie wrote:

Sorry to hear your woes. Touch wood no issues in the first 1k miles. I've owned a couple of other Cannondales in the past as well as other PF bikes and luckily no problems in that area.
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    It's now after the weekend, time to come good on your promise of more photos ;)
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • creampie wrote:

Ive had cannondales with press fit bb for over 15 years now and not one of them has creaked. (Apart from when the bearings have or are about to give up the ghost.)

But then again i've always built mine from scratch properly and maybe ive been lucky too. Yes i use them, yes i jet wash my bikes to clean them, no it doesnt ruin them.

id heard good things about the cbear BB so im surprised you have problems. Good news is that the Wheelsmfg pf30A is now available and should work on your frame. The Wheels ones dont even require a tight fit into the frame and can be installed easily at home. As with all BB its important that the surfaces that the BB, Cups or Bearings press into are clean and free of lumps or damage (or it will creak) Obviously if the frame is way out then theres always going to be torsional forces that lead to energy loss in the form of noise.
  • i saw one of these in the wild on Sunday, the colour looked awesome in the sun.
  • Some nice pics of a similar bike here...

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... p?t=147296

...although the story of how a conker falling from a tree damaged the top tube of its CAAD12 predecessor is odd and concerning in equal measure.