Fulcrum Quattro LG

spannerdude
spannerdude Posts: 56
edited September 2018 in Workshop
Evening
Sorry if this Ian the wrong place for this question

Has anyone managed to make the fulcrum Quattro LG tubeless? Or is this possible.

Bit confused as there are as many people who say most if not all wheels can be made tubeless, as those who say no.
Just wondered if anyone had tried with these wheels

Cheers

Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Evening
    Sorry if this Ian the wrong place for this question

Has anyone managed to make the fulcrum Quattro LG tubeless? Or is this possible.

Bit confused as there are as many people who say most if not all wheels can be made tubeless, as those who say no.
    Just wondered if anyone had tried with these wheels

Cheers

It's definitely the right place to ask! I would disagree with the people who say "most if not all wheels can be made tubeless". If you look at a tubeless rim, you'll see a much more pronounced hook and/or bead bed. This holds the tyre with greater force hence allowing an air tight seal to be made (with the aid of sealant in most cases).
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • orlok
    orlok Posts: 89
    I made my Fulcrum Quattro (2016) tubeless with Schwalbe tubeless tape and Schwalbe tubeless tires One and Pro One 25 and 23 mm and drive already more then 7000 km with it in winter conditions, so what will be the problems.?. :wink:
    There will be always a moment of tailwind.Pinarello F8/10 - Ultegra 8000 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 UST - Tubeless
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Maybe no problems whatsoever, but it's wrong to say that any wheel can be used in a tubeless manner.

The OP might be tempted to give it a go, following your success, but it isn't guaranteed to work.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • orlok
    I did drive also Mavic Aksium tubeless and Chinese carbon wheels, both not supposed to be mounted with tubeless tires but with the right tubeless tape and valves it was possible. I believe that almost every wheel can be mounted with tubeless tires and other wise let me know witch rim cannot mounted with tubeless tires but also why they cannot be mounted with tubeless tires.!! :wink:
    There will be always a moment of tailwind.Pinarello F8/10 - Ultegra 8000 Di2 - Carbonspeed C50 UST - Tubeless
  • zefs
    zefs Posts: 484
    Because the tire should stay seated in the rim when deflated for safety?
    Also tire pressure is important, incompatible tires and rims with high pressures could also lead to tire blowing off.

In case of puncture that won't seal you might have a hard time removing the tire and using a tube in an incompatible setup.
  • orlok
    zefs wrote:
    Because the tire should stay seated in the rim when deflated for safety?
    Also tire pressure is important, incompatible tires and rims with high pressures could also lead to tire blowing off.

In case of puncture that won't seal you might have a hard time removing the tire and using a tube in an incompatible setup.
    Do you speek with some experience or do you say something rubbish.? :roll:
  • zefs
    zefs Posts: 484
    It's not my opinion, it's recommended by people who have worked on tubeless technology.
    People use ghetto setups all the time and then wonder why nothing works.
  • orlok
    zefs wrote:
    It's not my opinion, it's recommended by people who have worked on tubeless technology.
    People use ghetto setups all the time and then wonder why nothing works.
    Oké, in that case I'll invite them to see how tubeless technologie works in practices and drive with me for more then 5 years and 40.000km with diff. wheel-sets and diff. tubeless tires.! :wink: