thursday flowing turbulently

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,438
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee etc., try to track down where the new lab stuff has got to, add more stuff to list of stuff to get and launch another capex raid
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Thursday is the new Friday - this week at least. It's gone a bit chilly, I might need to get the thicker gloves out.

Despite the rain at the weekend, the reservoirs up in the hills still looked empty last night.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Me, I will be mowstly doing agricultural type of activities today me.

Porsche UK refuse to send me a different part because the one they sent is listed for my chassis number. Even though they can supply me the alternative (push fit, not threaded). This means acquiring or making a threaded section to fit. Which is problematic. W@nkers.
    The rationale: The car went through design changes halfway through the marque production run (6 months into the 1 year of production) and therefore your database does not match my car, went straight over their heads. There would be little to do if I sent the incorrect one in exchange for the correct one. I would even cover postage.

I guess I won't be fraternising with them ever again.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Work meh and as the kids are back after staying at their grandparents we won’t be going out tonight
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Not much doing here. That feeling that summer is drawing to a close is tapping on my shoulder. Wedding anniversary, halloween, bonfire night, birthdays for Mrs, mini and me, then it's bloody Christmas. Time is definitely speeding up.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, been somewhat quiet of late owing to work being the opposite of quiet, much crap has been occurring which is always delightful and I've lost a minion so I need to go check under the stairs an do the whole "where did you see it last" gumph.

Also needing to purchase bike stuffs, the garmin has decided it wants to do random things on me and the battery lifes gone to pot as well so the Wahoo/Garmin argument is a go, opinions on either if you please!

Also needing bar tape, but meh that can wait.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Step83 wrote:
    ...opinions on either if you please!

Don't bother. Get a basic compooter with cadence.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    ...opinions on either if you please!

Don't bother. Get a basic compooter with cadence.

I got the Wahoo elemnt bolt after my Garmin 200 died after 5 years service. It's quite easy to upload routes from ridewithgps, and then the turn by turn beeping, leds, and directions are good and legible, though the map is monochrome. The speed and distance data are nice and clear, and you can choose what you see via the useful app. Sync to Strava is fine. Cadence and speed sensors work ok. I have a heart rate monitor, but never use it, people who have power meters seem to like it. I dunno which is better, but I like my Wahoo well enough to recommend it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Pinno wrote:
    Me, I will be mowstly doing agricultural type of activities today me.

Porsche UK refuse to send me a different part because the one they sent is listed for my chassis number. Even though they can supply me the alternative (push fit, not threaded). This means acquiring or making a threaded section to fit. Which is problematic. W@nkers.
    The rationale: The car went through design changes halfway through the marque production run (6 months into the 1 year of production) and therefore your database does not match my car, went straight over their heads. There would be little to do if I sent the incorrect one in exchange for the correct one. I would even cover postage.

I guess I won't be fraternising with them ever again.

Laters.
    You've been spotted down the local Porsche centre Mr. P:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_L-TZARjVs

Another busy day on the corporate hamster wheel, but I'm out for a cider or two after work this evening. So things are looking up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    work and evening ride.

Day of working, may chase Sky later about my average internet at home.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Far busier than I would like it to be at the moment. Didn't even manage my mild Thursday morning hangover today as I was late getting to the pub last night. Old man much happier now he's home, need to pop round there tonight and lend a hand. Pizza has just been delivered...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Re Garmin or Wahoo, whichever has the best deal. Both do the job though arguable Garmin does have more training fields
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pesky main dealers stitching the poor old farmer up for a whole starter motor when it was only a sticking solenoid. :roll:
  • step83
    Flâneur wrote:
    Re Garmin or Wahoo, whichever has the best deal. Both do the job though arguable Garmin does have more training fields

The Garmins a bit more (until you factor in extra mounts due to the N+1 rule. 520+ looks to be the badger considering my Edge 800 is currently bleeping away at me for some reason (ignoring the fact its turned on itself I still cant work out why its bleeping) I think its done it time.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pesky main dealers stitching the poor old farmer up for a whole starter motor when it was only a sticking solenoid. :roll:
    The phrase 'main dealer' males my wallet nervous. Frikkin car passed its MOT but now has water in the footwell, so has to go to main dealer to take the dashboard apart :roll:

Meanwhile Stressbag says she's not interested in looking at replacements - may have to manufacture a few days off the road (park it round the corner and lie about something going wrong) to make her realise it's in her best interests for me to get a new family mota :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Went with a Wahoo elemnt bolt, has all the bits I need plus a fair whack cheaper than the garmin equivalent.