tuesday rama lama fa fa fa

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, dentist, wfh

the early onset of autumn weather is getting annoying, could be time to visit some warmer gmc locations
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, good idea Sungod, warmer climes definitely required
    Work, hopefully followed by a few miles on the bike, if not the hotels swimming pool
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    It’s dark - this is not cricket

Walk dog and then work :(
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    outside it is gloomygrey and humid, smidge warmer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Warm and humid here too, but avoided the midges by riding down the road, fast.

Curly Wurlys don't dissolve in hot chocolate from the machine at work - not hot enough.

Got something to courier to an office on the other side of town, might be an excuse for a mid morning bike ride.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Grey and a smidge colder that I would have liked at 7am, not quite cold enough for warmers though. At what temperature does the air go from being humid to being damp?
    Legs were dead and very little energy after the weekend. It's hard enough going back to work after a 3 day weekend, can't imagine what it would be like after 6 weeks off. :shock: Enjoy the last week of your holiday H³.
    Having to make my own tea again today so I'm only 2 cups in.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    D-1 before packing off to big lumpy bits countries. Got lots of things to do today, but want to get a ride in as well, so should get off t'internetz and get on with it...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    You'll get dizzy at altitude 'Loon.

We didn't have a proper bank holiday here yesterday. They're too tight for bank hols. We only get 1 bank holiday in May, the tight fisted chooktas. Although schools were open, the banks and the Royal Snail didn't operate. I'm hoping things get back to normal.

Me shovelling gravel me.

Grey and cool like yesterday but probably ideal for shovelling a ton or so of gravel. It's to warm up next week. Something to do with the jet stream. If England did a mass start fart, would it kink the jet stream the right way and draw in warm air?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    More scorchio. Idiot boy jumped off a wall and was moaning about his foot, so we took him to hospital. Luckily only bruised, but he's farked the rest of his holiday as he can't move.
    Off to catch the Vuelta in 15 mins.
    I shall make the most of this last week V.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb wrote:
    More scorchio. Idiot boy jumped off a wall and was moaning about his foot, so we took him to hospital. Luckily only bruised, but he's farked the rest of his holiday as he can't move.
    My brother did that years ago but on a trials bike and broke his foot (it was a wing wall on a railway bridge). Bike was OK though.
    Lots of people saw him do it, so it was probably the shame rather than the pain that taught him to be more careful next time.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Where has the sun gone. Should never have returned from France
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

Who the farq are you?!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Pinno wrote:

We didn't have a proper bank holiday here yesterday. They're too tight for bank hols. We only get 1 bank holiday in May, the tight fisted chooktas. Although schools were open, the banks and the Royal Snail didn't operate. I'm hoping things get back to normal.
    Is it not to do with the fact you don't have any banks up there and everyone keeps their stash of Groats under the mattress?

Good pedal in, busy morning and more busyness to come. Some bad news to dish out to one of our further flung corners of the KOFFA empire, but it's all in a day work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Who the farq are you?!
    You have to say something like 'Qui le fark etes vous?' or he won't understand.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Scores of bikes going past at 65 kph make a hell of a racket. Kwiatkowski and Valverde obliged me with a snapshot, well boxed in by their teams.

20180828_152928.jpg
    20180828_152822.jpg
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Stranger, and remember stranger danger.

See how cultured the french language is with no word for fark.

Glad everything here is the same, home comforts.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Is it not to do with the fact you don't have any banks up there and everyone keeps their stash of Groats under the mattress?

I wish they would start modernising and use Groats.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Vote for Scottish independence next time around and your wish might come true.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Oh no, not until we get an enormous severance package. :wink:

All I need is the pound to go down another 10c against the dollar.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I initially misread that and assumed you wanted to use goats. :shock:
    In which case you could set up an ERM with the Welsh. Would goats achieve parity with sheep?
  • pinno
    What a good idea. Now, if the Oirish want to join in, given potential goat/sheep parity, how many goats for 1 horse?
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    What a good idea. Now, if the Oirish want to join in, given potential goat/sheep parity, how many goats for 1 horse?

That would be some swap party.
    Would you need a set of steps to sh@g the horse?
  • pinno
    Nope.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Nope.

maxresdefault.jpg

:lol::lol:
  • pinno
    Although, If Stevo wants to have a good time in Scotland, he;ll have to turn up smiling.

https://news.sky.com/story/goats-prefer-smiling-human-faces-to-grumpy-ones-study-finds-11484819