So what's with the macho culture?

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    To be honest if she had a nice rear end shown off by tight cycling shorts I would have stayed behind her!

and comments like this is why people think you are a douche.

#thisis2018-wakeup
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ivor_pye
    ivor_pye Posts: 46
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    To be honest if she had a nice rear end shown off by tight cycling shorts I would have stayed behind her!

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?
  • Neil Grubb
    Neil Grubb Posts: 38
    edited August 2018
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Me for one
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    jesus, i only got to page two.

Listen love youll always get blokes sniffing around being gents but really they treat you differently because youre a bird. and then youll get tossers. not sure what your post here was supposed to achieve but "ive got tits and he was a nob" isnt exactly promoting the strong female agenda, more pandering to stereotypes. If this is a troll on the other hand.... Well done!
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Tree hugging, sandal wearing snowflakes.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    jesus, i only got to page two.

Listen love youll always get blokes sniffing around being gents but really they treat you differently because youre a bird. and then youll get tossers. not sure what your post here was supposed to achieve but "ive got tits and he was a doorknob" isnt exactly promoting the strong female agenda, more pandering to stereotypes. If this is a troll on the other hand.... Well done!
    Its more a case of being critical of someone's treatment of a relative beginner, regardless of gender, is it not?
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    CTC clubs mostly just go on nice rides and usually have a beginners group . Like any club they tend to include some obsessives and if you want a test you can go on the extreme Audax rides , but I personally have always avoided racing clubs.

http://alfretonctc.000webhostapp.com/display_calendar.php
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    philthy3 wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

It's a comment that isn't funny and creates an environment where women might feel unwelcome so I think the majority would find it unwelcome.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • ivor_pye
    philthy3 wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

It's a comment that isn't funny and creates an environment where women might feel unwelcome so I think the majority would find it unwelcome.

So the perceived wisdom is that modern woman doesn't look at men's "lunch boxes" for want of a better term. Get real, go up town a few nights and you will see the women are worse than the blokes, why do you think they all carry their own condoms nowadays!
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    philthy3 wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Think that you need to get out more.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

So the perceived wisdom is that modern woman doesn't look at men's "lunch boxes" for want of a better term. Get real, go up town a few nights and you will see the women are worse than the blokes, why do you think they all carry their own condoms nowadays!

as much as you try and justify it, its still a douche comment. time to grow up

#youdorealisewomenthinkyou'readouchedon'tyou?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ivor_pye
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

as much as you try and justify it, its still a douche comment. time to grow up

#youdorealisewomenthinkyou'readouchedon'tyou?

When I start penning like a twelve year old I'll need to grow up.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    There is a happy medium between lecherous objectification and normal appreciation of attractiveness........
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,718
    philthy3 wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Think that you need to get out more.

If you get turned on that much just by cycling behind a female you might need to yourself.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Neil Grubb wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Me for one

I'll make it two
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Neil Grubb wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Me for one

I'll make it two

Yeah that made me cringe too :?
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    CitizenLee wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Neil Grubb wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Me for one

I'll make it two

Safe to say there's a silent majority I'd say.
  • ivor_pye
    Veronese68 wrote:
    CitizenLee wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Neil Grubb wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Me for one

I'll make it two

Safe to say there's a silent majority I'd say.

Whose one major single uncannily enough was called Frightened Girl.
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    Well this became even more uplifting than originally! Is it 1988?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    CitizenLee wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Neil Grubb wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:

#thisis2018-wakeup

Which people?

Me for one

I'll make it two

Same here, if it's a joke it's not especially funny, if it's true it's just plain weird.

Also, if you look on parts of the internet you'll probably find women and men showing off their bottoms for your enjoyment. A) it's a lot less weird than following someone down the street just too look at their bottom, and B) you'll likely find that none, if any, are wearing padded shorts and hunching over a bike with their bottom largely obscured by a saddle. I just don't find bike riding a very alluring position personally, for men or women. C) stop being a d1ck.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Why uncannily, are there frightened girls on this thread? More like it's about a bloke that feels inadequate enough that he has to show up a girl he's supposed to be helping, then some blokes with similar feelings of inadequacy start trolling the thread.
    Seems like it's some blokes that are frightened and feel threatened. :lol:
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ivor Pye wrote:
    Why uncannily, are there frightened girls on this thread? More like it's about a bloke that feels inadequate enough that he has to show up a girl he's supposed to be helping, then some blokes with similar feelings of inadequacy start trolling the thread.
    Seems like it's some blokes that are frightened and feel threatened. :lol:

+1

While hanging around in forums may well be a predominantly a blokeish thing, the scarcity of female forumites is hardly going to be helped by the kind of arseholishness common on here and demonstrated so clearly in this thread. Neatly parallels Ms Wind's ride experience doesn't it?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously.

BTW, the OP hasn't logged in for over a week..
  • CitizenLee
    Imposter wrote:
    I can't believe anyone is taking this thread seriously.

BTW, the OP hasn't logged in for over a week..

They never come back once they've been scared off. Takes a special kind of weirdo to hang around here :lol:

...but yeah, you'd think some people on here were stuck in an old Carry On movie.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Well I've counted at least three people on this thread expressing what can only be described as faux outrage as they see no irony in either visiting, posting pictures, or making sexual comments on "The Big Girls" thread. If you're going to give the rest of us lectures on PC then at least be consistent.
  • haydenm
    Shortfall wrote:
    Well I've counted at least three people on this thread expressing what can only be described as faux outrage as they see no irony in either visiting, posting pictures, or making sexual comments on "The Big Girls" thread. If you're going to give the rest of us lectures on PC then at least be consistent.

Also makes me uncomfortable, but I don't think posting pictures of people modelling their bottoms on a specific bottom related thread is the same as making inappropriate comments about a real person who has come here and started a serious thread (unless she is a troll that is)
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    boys look at girls and girls look at boys .....

boys also look at boys and girls look at girls

I thought on here, we all looked at wheels, mechs and bar tape ...

quite frankly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, about the only wheel I don't like following is my wife's - because I can see the state of the chain & mech and just know I've got to clean it when I get home .. either that or she's cross chaining again! ;)
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    HaydenM wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

Also makes me uncomfortable, but I don't think posting pictures of people modelling their bottoms on a specific bottom related thread is the same as making inappropriate comments about a real person who has come here and started a serious thread (unless she is a troll that is)

It doesn't make me uncomfortable, it just makes me wonder how they reconcile being outraged by Ivor Pye's comments in this thread but fill their boots in another dedicated to objectifying women. I've posted stuff on the same thread myself I hasten to add, but I'm not pretending to be wounded on behalf of the OP here.
  • CitizenLee
    No outrage here, faux or otherwise... believe me, I have dark/inappropriate sense of humor. I just thought the comment was unfunny and lacking any kind of decorum. Just made me think of a creepy old lech rather than an attempt at humor.

Plus, there's a difference between appreciating a model who's being paid to show themselves off vs purposely cycling behind someone to ogle their arse.
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
  • haydenm
    Shortfall wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:

It doesn't make me uncomfortable, it just makes me wonder how they reconcile being outraged by Ivor Pye's comments in this thread but fill their boots in another dedicated to objectifying women. I've posted stuff on the same thread myself I hasten to add, but I'm not pretending to be wounded on behalf of the OP here.

Objectifying women who are presumably having photos taken to be objectified isn't the same as thinking Ivor Pye is being a tw4t though. The big girls thread is ok if that's the sort of place the forum is, I have literally no moral issue with p0rn. I think the issue is that his comments are just inappropriate