Sektor Silver Lower Leg Service Help

Fran74
Fran74 Posts: 4
edited August 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello there,

total noob here - I started my first lower leg service to a Sektor Silver 2016, 27.5 140mm yesterday.
When I slid the lower off, what seems to me a round seal came off as well, pictured in the photo.
My problem is that I don't know what this is and how/where I put it back together.
I have read and re-read the service manual and can't locate this bit.
Could someone please help?
The black round rubbery plastic bit I'm talking about can be seen in the pic below on the far left (two in the pic).
1634.jpg
Thanks in advance
Fran

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That looks like the black plastic crush washers, should be one on each leg held in a thin aluminium cup.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Fran74
    Thanks. I mean on the other side, the two black discs with a hole inside, on the left. Cheers Fran
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    They don't appear on the RS breakdown in the parts manual but they look like they would be a bump rubber to prevent the ends of the uppers hitting the lowers in the base of the fork. Don't look like a seal at all.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Fran74
    Yes I think you're right. There appeared to be one at the bottom of each leg (from what I could see). I just pushed it all the way down into the leg that seemed to be missing one, reassembled and all seems to be working fine. Thanks for your help