Di2 rear mech

gary_sparrow
gary_sparrow Posts: 181
edited August 2018 in Workshop
Hi folks
Rear mech R8050 Di2 managed to get a small bang when cleaning the bike the other day . Went out today and the gears are jumping around in some but not all the gears .

Is it usually just a case of adjustment or realignment? Don’t fancy paying for a new mech .

I’ll bring it down to Lbs that fitted it anyway

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Do you know how to adjust gears with di2?

Hold button under stem / junction box till light flashes red. Then use rear mech shifter to micro adjust up and down. Then press button again.

Test and repeat as necessary.

Honestly it is so easy even the most mechanically inept person could do it.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,700
    You could have knocked the hanger out of alignment. The LBS will be able to check, but a hanger alignment tool doesn't cost a lot and is a good investment IMO.
  • Lads thanks for advice , gears were flawless before the bang so pretty sure it will need to be aligned anyway .
    I’ll drop it to lbs . Didn’t realise how sensitive they are
  • shirley_basso
    Depends how hard the bang was?

Did it fall out the stand? If you wriggle by hand is it firm or does it wobble?
  • Depends how hard the bang was?

Did it fall out the stand? If you wriggle by hand is it firm or does it wobble?

Firm , didn’t get a Big Bang . Bike slid and rear mech hit the pavement . Didn’t actually fall completely over but it definitely took a knock . It’s gone from perfection to jumpy . I’ve never had to adjust it before .
  • shirley_basso
    Give it a DIY try in the stand and make sure it's not wobbly.

May as well start learning now!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Give it a DIY try in the stand and make sure it's not wobbly.

May as well start learning now!

This......