No garmin live stream data

david7m
david7m Posts: 636
edited September 2018 in Training, fitness and health
Hi
Anyone else get a link to the ocean and no data?
Watch and Connect are latest versions, have tried uninstalling and installing connect on mobile per live chat - nothing.
Dave
PS Forerunner 235.

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Yep
    Been having issues for the last couple of weeks.

Garmin say its an issue with their servers and a fix is on its way apparently.
  • david7m
    Ok, cheers.
    Would like it working for 2nd Sept so the misses can see where i am during Sportive and be at the end with food and drinks :D
    Dave
  • jessand
    jessand Posts: 45
    Me too, looks like david7m won't be fixed for Sept 2nd. What's also annoying is the Garmin support team obviously deal with all their devices - car sat-nav etc. I think the guy I got was from another area because he kept putting me on hold while he spoke to a colleague although he was a nice trying to help. I was a bit annoyed, having spoken to him for nearly an hour, that he discovered that it is a known issue that is being worked on! The outcome was that they couldn't say when the issue will be resolved - but they'll email me if they find a fix.

Issues with Garmin are legndary, another for the list. (I'm trying to work out the Google tracker).
  • david7m
    Yeah, I've gave up for the 2nd. Would have been nice if the family could see where I was so they don't have to wait for hours or miss me!
    Dave
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    It has been a constant source of failure with Garmins and one of the reasons why I ditched them in the end. Didn't have it with the 705, but the 810 and 820 both suffered with periods of no Live Tracking. No such problem with Wahoo which gives actual live data rather than just a screenshot of the last gps update like Garmin used to do.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • there are a couple of other option if you are stuck.

If you have a phone with decent battery, use Strava and send the link from there out. That's what I did recently on holiday to make sure my wife could check where I was was.

or use 'find my friends'. YOu can even do temporary links from that one.
  • david7m
    Haven't used Strava for that before - is it fairly straight forward?
    Dave
  • dannbodge
    Mine worked today!
    Hopefully they've sorted the issues with the servers/software etc
  • david7m
    Blue screen here still:(

How do I send a Strava link?

Dave
  • jessand
    Did yours ever NOT work Dannbodge? It hasn't affected everyone, just 'a number' according to Garmin guy. I went out today in anticipation but still appear to be somewhere mid-Atlantic. I'd like to know how to get it from Garmin.
  • david7m
    Is it premium Strava only for the live feed?
    Dave
  • jessand
    Sorry Dannbodge, just re-read your earlier post! How come you've got priority with the fix? :lol:
  • dannbodge
    jessand wrote:
    Sorry Dannbodge, just re-read your earlier post! How come you've got priority with the fix? :lol:

No idea.
    I just went out and checked it mid ride and it was working.
    Haven't changed anything on my phone or Garmin.

I did have a very long and probably a bit harsh rant at the "live chat" operator the other day. Felt a little bit bad until I realised how much Garmin have messed me around with this and my broken speed sensor case (has taken 6 months for a new one)
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I'm watching a Live track right now ... works fine (whilst the phone has signal)
  • david7m
    Mine just go straight to a sea view.
    Can you share it or private?
    Dave
  • slowbike
    It's private - although I'm wondering why Mrs Slowbike hasn't stopped for coffee ....
  • david7m wrote:
    Blue screen here still:(

How do I send a Strava link?

Dave

You need to set up a safety contact and it prompts you to send the text when you start the ride. It's pretty easy. I am premium not sure if it's a premium feature or not. Would take 2 mins to test.
  • david7m
    Beacon is a premium feature :(
    Dave
  • slowbike
    garmin live stream still working here ...
  • david7m
    Garmin have emailed saying it fixed. Says I need atleast version 4.10 on connect........but I already did......
    Dave
  • david7m
    It works!!!
    Dave
  • jessand
    Wahey! I'm on too. I always said Garmin is great :wink:
  • david7m
    jessand wrote:
    Wahey! I'm on too. I always said Garmin is great :wink:

Lol
  • david7m
    Couldnt get it to work for the Sportive yesterday :( Did a little test on car park and it was fine, then at the start line it wouldnt work. I tried 3 times plus a restart but it wouldnt have it. Maybe I needed to restart phone but I didnt have time.
    Dave
  • david7m wrote:
    Couldnt get it to work for the Sportive yesterday :( Did a little test on car park and it was fine, then at the start line it wouldnt work. I tried 3 times plus a restart but it wouldnt have it. Maybe I needed to restart phone but I didnt have time.
    Dave

It's this sort of thing that ruins rides
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • david7m
    Yep!
    Dave
  • david7m
    It worked fine yesterday on the mountain bike when I didn't need it - typical!
    Dave
  • david7m
    Not working again :(
    Have restarted watch and phone several times.
    Dave
  • dannbodge
    I'll be out tomorrow so I'll let you know if mine works
  • david7m
    Cheers