sungod Posts: 16,524
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another nippy start looms, planning to be back before the deluge
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Up early because I was worrried the dog was unsettled after us being away, woke him up anyway and had a nice walk

Going for a run soon and then off to a tennis party and bbq - I think the weather may make an impression

Later is the local with friends and their rugrats
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning

Time trials in the rain suck. Even more so when they're at stupid o clock in the morning.
    Aldi cam got repaired yesterday, it's probably full of water again now which is a good excuse to take it apart and see what the extra button hidden inside it does.
    Otherwise a lazy day, like usual.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning folks, traditional slow start was interrupted by a phone call that was thankfully a false alarm. Been sat in the hospital for a while now watching the rain fall.
    Quite glad the barbecue scheduled for this afternoon has been postponed.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Took a load of shrubbery to the tip this morning. Lunch and coffee out, although neither especially memorable. Home just as weather turned wet and chilly, so spent the afternoon installing new processor and amplifier in the theatre / music system. Watched a Bond film to make sure it was all working fine.

Weekends just aren't long enough.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Any luck getting your dad home V, or is he stuck there for a while yet?

"Basking" in the shade of a date palm, watching the swifts dart and swoop, and reading a book. Which is nice. Might be an icy glass of manzanilla and a small bowl of olives in a couple of hours. The weather app tells me it's much better here than there. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    We've got traditional bank holiday weather here - at least I've got some indoor stuff to be doing after taking a load of stuff down to the tip. Must start getting the skiing holiday planned as we've run out of holidays now, especially as I missed the last one with my shoulder op.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Rain like stair rods. Made some coleslaw. Having some cider and beer before tea.
    Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Can’t see him getting home the way things are looking unfortunately. Just asked the doctor an impossible question of what are the chances of him not making it through the night as the old dear was talking about spending the night in the armchair by his bed. Best guess was he should be alright unless anything changes but he doesn’t have long.
    Weather definitely suits the mood at the moment.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Best wishes V68. Been there x2 in past decade, on the by the bedside vigil waiting for the inevitable end. Not easy times.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Best wishes from me too V.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Can’t see him getting home the way things are looking unfortunately. Just asked the doctor an impossible question of what are the chances of him not making it through the night as the old dear was talking about spending the night in the armchair by his bed. Best guess was he should be alright unless anything changes but he doesn’t have long.
    Weather definitely suits the mood at the moment.
    Good luck to him V. Bedside vigils are not good but it's better to be there (or close by) than not; that's something I still regret.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Cheers chap,
    Thanks for putting up with my moaning, it does help to be able to get it out in a slightly impersonal manner like this.
    He woke up at one point when just the Mrs and me were with him and asked if we knew what funeral was an anagram of. “Real fun” he said and that he hoped it will be. That cheered the old dear up when I told her.
  • oxoman wrote:
    All the Best V. Hate this kind of thing as had to do it to many times over the years and certainly don't envy you. Don't apologise for anything.
    And a +1 from me. Awful situation, hope it comes out ok. Keep yer pecker up V68.
    Ecrasez l’infame