saturday no crime if there ain't no law

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,436
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

temperature plummeting, why this is not summer, nor are we in it, as mephistopheles didn't say

ride, cafes, hibernate
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    w ank, cack, bike, breakfast.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    "Mephistopheles is not your name,
    I know what you're up to just the same"

Riding that bike again innit. Me on my enforced post eye jab 48 hour no cycling, swimming (yeah right) etc embargo again, hopefully get a ride in Monday / Tuesday before off on travels.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    330 miles done on 500 ish to go - wish I wasn't going home

Bright side 30 bottles of wine somehow fitted into the boot, had to take lots of bits off the bike - but worth it as wine and beer fridge will be full for a few days
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being had. Off to get some scoff shortly. Should manage a day around the house and with the Mrs at least. Reasonably sunny out but a bit fresh, got soaked riding home from the hospital last night. Haven’t ridden in the dark and rain since winter, that’s exactly why I like the summer so much.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Glad to see you have your priorities right TLW. I have made a rough calculation that you have crossed La Manche?
    I find that after a week in France, driving on the left seems odd.

No rain here and even a bit of sun. Which means... grass cutting :roll:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    cold cold cold ride, was sunny at least

feels like it's time to sort out some flights, need some hot volcano action
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    Calais is sunny but cold

Got the earlier ferry, so england bound in an hour. wonder if the traffic gods will enable a few ciders in the local later
  • veronese68
    Good luck TLW. I once left Geneva in the morning driving on normal roads rather than autoroutes, realised I was in with a chance of making the pub by closing at 11 so put my foot down. Got there with moments to spare, then realised I hadn’t changed the time and it was only 10pm.
  • Always found the immediate jump from left to right okay. Then after a few days you set off on the wrong side of the road. Mind you I was a squaddie with a LHD car. And speed limits on British motorways difficult. Only in Britain can you move to lane three and slow down.
    TLW - passengers can hold more wine, make em work their passage. Or it’s the plank. Arrrgh..
    Cheap supermarket lager for me, and a wee bike ride. Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Watching a full moon glisten on the med from the terrace. Shame it's been a shitty bickery day.

Where're the MF's? Did they say they were bicycling in France? Vuelta comes through here on Tuesday.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Back down South in time to watch MOTD. Not a bad drive back down and now got a weekend's worth of relaxation.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Good luck TLW. I once left Geneva in the morning driving on normal roads rather than autoroutes, realised I was in with a chance of making the pub by closing at 11 so put my foot down. Got there with moments to spare, then realised I hadn’t changed the time and it was only 10pm.
    In the pub by 10 - must leave soon
  • veronese68
    Back in time for MOTD or the pub? I know where my allegiance lies.
    Been out for a couple with the lad. I’m home, he’s gone to an all night bar in Peckham with some colleagues and his girlfriend. Said he might be back by dawn. I remember times like that.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    I never did find out if there was life in Peckham, John.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!