Friday, can it be that there's some sort of error?

hopkinb
hopkinb Posts: 7,129
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
Alhambra.

Looking forward to the week by the sea in a villa.

Enjoy the start to the long weekend everyone.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'ning

ahhhh, the alhambra, have you read washington irving's book? it's a bit more crowded these days

nippy here, cafe, wfh, etc.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning H. Looks like we both had the same idea at roughly the same time. Oh well, double post for a change. Just kicked 1980,s industrial controller back into life, why do companies insist on keeping ñearly 40yr old technology going. Argh. Enjoy the wkend.
    you can still delete the other friday as it hasn't any replies yet

at least old controllers aren't interweb connected, you'd have the russians/chinese/iraelis/dprk/iranians/old uncle tom cobley etc. lurking in there
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Last full day of the holidays, so glum faces, but making the most of it, with, run, beach, lunch out and back to beach, later is a meal out with some impressive local French live acts.

Must pack in between
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Looks like Oxo's start was 2 minutes too slow today. Mine was about that as well, bloody knackered after the shenanigans with old folks at the hospital last night. Truly scuppered any ideas of an early night. Back to the hospital again after work to see the old man. Should give him a good laugh when I tell him what happened at least. Hopefully he'll be a bit brighter than he was yesterday.
    Reasonably busy at work today, actually appreciate it as it keeps me occupied. Next week is going to be chaotic to say the least. Unfortunately the bank holiday seems to end up with trying to cram 5 days business into the 4 so everything ends up getting behind as there aren't enough hours in the day. Added to that I've got a container going to one of my big customers and in spite of my attempts at planning for this over the last few weeks the warehouse in their infinite wisdom seem to think they can leave it all to the last few days. At least if any poop hits any fans I will have my aris' well and truly covered.
    Looking forward to getting home and putting my feet up later, will have to make do with caffeine to get me through the day as 'loon hasn't come back with any marching powder yet.
    Have a good day one and all.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...will have to make do with caffeine to get me through the day as 'loon hasn't come back with any marching powder yet.

Give him a chance, he's not even left the country yet. There's more to this than meets the eye.
    I think he has aspirations of mounting a Coup in El Salvador. They haven't had one for at least 2 months.

In other news, there ain't any. Sunny, chilly and breezy here.

Must check out the other Friday thread.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning from Francorchamps, its cloudy and dull so pretty much like blighty, massively uneventful drive from Brussels bar the usual getting into the car from the wrong side.
    Day shall be spent scoffing free food and hopefully in the evening attempt to ride the circuit. then lots of sampling the local beers, quality testing of course, have to ensure the local brews are suitable for the rest of the staff.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    ...will have to make do with caffeine to get me through the day as 'loon hasn't come back with any marching powder yet.

Give him a chance, he's not even left the country yet. There's more to this than meets the eye.
    I think he has aspirations of mounting a Coup in El Salvador. They haven't had one for at least 2 months.

In other news, there ain't any. Sunny, chilly and breezy here.

Must check out the other Friday thread.

Laters.
    Bzzt, wrong continent. If you'd said Ecuador now... drat, delete that, spooks might be watching ...

No, don't leave until Wednesday. Today so far has been no breakfast and the umpteenth jab in the eye of what is becoming a never ending series.
  • sungod
    oxoman wrote:
    ...Company doesn't like machines connected to networks as it leaves them open to sabotage.
    that's the best approach

though ever air-gapped controllers get compromised by people plugging infected usb sticks etc. into systems on the 'safe' side
  • step83
    sungod wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    ...Company doesn't like machines connected to networks as it leaves them open to sabotage.
    that's the best approach

though ever air-gapped controllers get compromised by people plugging infected usb sticks etc. into systems on the 'safe' side

You can sort that with USB lockdowns though, previous place I worked we locked down the USB ports so only approved mouse and keyboards worked, ran it through McAfee from memory. Was great all the calls people whinging they couldn't charge their phones via USB anymore.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Crap start trying to jumpstart 1980s industrial computor technology into life. Managed eventually. Hopefully the rest of the day will be lazy.

#Permanent.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Alhambra stunning, somewhat spoiled by the massive bovine groups who think that centuries-old Moorish architectural treasures can only be improved if their gurning mush is in the foreground.

I downloaded the Washington Irvine book sungod. I should get a chance to read it over the next week as we finally relax.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Morning All. Crap start trying to jumpstart 1980s industrial computor technology into life. Managed eventually. Hopefully the rest of the day will be lazy.

#Permanent.

Just a thought, if its 1980's plus side it'll pre date most active virus's. Security through obsoletion! :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Afternoon,

Bit knackered. Me and two mates have blitzed the back garden of my folks house today. The jungle now looks a bit like a garden again but it won't win any prizes. Was fun playing with petrol powered garden tools though.

Off to see the old dear in a bit then it's Friday night out in Redcar...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon,

Bit knackered. Me and two mates have blitzed the back garden of my folks house today. The jungle now looks a bit like a garden again but it won't win any prizes. Was fun playing with petrol powered garden tools though.

Off to see the old dear in a bit then it's Friday night out in Redcar...

Wrong thread Stevo!
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

#Permanent.

Just a thought, if its 1980's plus side it'll pre date most active virus's. Security through obsoletion! :lol:

Although, all you would need is a big magnet to wipe the floppy's.
  • sungod
    1980s? nena, even better than the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixIX3mjcBY
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Was fun playing with petrol powered garden tools though.
    Aye well, careful now with the big boys' toys. :D Is what some of us do all day every day, innit.
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Aye well, careful now with the big boys' toys. :D Is what some of us do all day every day, innit.

That's proper work. Stevo ain't used to that.
    sungod wrote:

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BixIX3mjcBY&lt;/span&gt;

Magic.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQuYKmiyHYg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    251k in France done.
    Mf wasn't there to come second

#incrediblygoodlookingANDtalented
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    #andmodest
  • Stevo_666
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Of course Looney. They're mine :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    sungod wrote:
    Almost didn't recognise her with her hair done.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Almost didn't recognise her with her hair done.

Ha ha. I saw what you did there.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    orraloon wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You mean the sort that you get paid jack sh1t for doing? :wink: