Interesting near miss...

theCyclingCommuter
edited August 2018 in Commuting general
What's everyone else's most interesting near misses?

Mine was this week and a red light jumper
https://youtu.be/WFj_EKi9zyA

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    It looked like may be you were a RLJ too - you moved off before the green light - so unless you were sat a way behind the white line that puts you in the wrong too - perhaps best not to report this one ... ;)
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Green means go....

Did you not look before moving off ?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Fenix wrote:
    Green means go....

Green means ... you may proceed if it is safe to do so ....

but Rocky thought that didn't make good catch phrase - so shortened it to "Green Means Go" ... I suppose it's better than "Lets get wet" which is probably why Zuma doesn't get so many jobs ...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Fenix wrote:
    Green means go....

I didn't even notice a glance to the right. Op gets no sympathy from me, sprints off the line on orange and hopes for the best.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Fenix wrote:
    Green means go....

I didn't even notice a glance to the right. Op gets no sympathy from me, sprints off the line on orange and hopes for the best.

I am not sure how you would see me "glance to the right" from a handlebar mounted camera :-)
    And as far as sprinting off, i hadn't left the ASL before the green light which comes on behind the van. Admittedly i have clipped in but that is not an offence last time i checked.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I that case you didn't look very well. It wasn't exactly a stealth car.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    I that case you didn't look very well. It wasn't exactly a stealth car.
    I think you are missing the point. I have seen the “car”. Clearly it’s difficult to miss. The van comes through on red and that is followed by the police car. Maybe that’s why he came through on red. The point is meant to be light hearted that you don’t expect a police car to come through like that. I was never in danger as I keep a good awareness of what is happening around me. We all have to.
  • The plod car’s light would have been red for a few seconds before the OP’s light changed. The plod car had to have RLJd really blatantly. No blues and twos were evident so the driver of that car is due a talking to in my opinion.
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    Police car was going after the Transit for jumping the light? Put the lights and sirens on after exiting the roundabout to avoid having the van pull over in an unsafe place and snarl the whole thing up? OP stopped at the next solid line for the red light?
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere