sungod Posts: 16,522
edited August 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, pastries, lab, do some smiting, early bail perhaps
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Churros con chocolate, cafe solo. Cathedral. Mooching. Loafing.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Ride over to town for final pre-travel set of vaccinations. Will include a MMR so should be ok for visiting Italy and the like, according to recent news reports. Seems like I'll have a 2nd MMR after I get back from adventures.

Might go direct route this time, as previous 2 trips have involved miscalculations and therefore flat out efforts to get there 5 minutes late, resulting in a drippy sweaty presence in front of nurse. Nice.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Long run, high ropes thing, lunch, water park, decent meal out
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Unfortunately no snacks here.

Couldn't be bothered riding this morning. Have brought running stuff intending to go out at lunchtime - probably won't happen.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Snacks seem like a very good idea.
    Put a longer seat post on the old steel framed thing I'm supposed to be stripping for parts, so I thought it best I wobble in on that. Amazing how much less you change gears with downtube shifters. Bike rode alright. All this talk of tubs giving some sort of magic carpet ride and being faster didn't happen. Could be that the numbers are the wrong way round. Think I should get some sort of sealant and learn how to deal with tubs. I was going to swap the rims for clinchers but that now feels like a cop out.
    I think H³ missed leching off his list of things to do today. Or is it just taken as read and doesn't need writing?
    Today being Wednesday will involve a trip to the pub later, got a bit of running around to do before that unfortunately. No peace for the wicked. Just called off our trip to Amsterdam for the weekend as there's too much going on here, this is dull so we'll have to do something else instead.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Raining. Meh.

Having to go stateside for parts for Old New banger.

Waiting for (soggy) postman.

Don't wax lyrical about good food and vino in antiquated parts of Spain whilst basking in the sun. You basket Hoppy. Not in the mood.
    ...and that goes for you too TLW.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think H³ missed leching off his list of things to do today. Or is it just taken as read and doesn't need writing?
    Take as read. From behind sunglasses.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    hopkinb wrote:
    Are there any direct flights from Spain to Scotland? :)

Been pigging out myself just now as I cycled in this morning. Two portions of lunch including a baguette with pork slices and crackling 8) In other news, the tension is starting rise in the Stevo household as it's GCSE results day tomorrow and Stropteen has a new school application riding on it.

Anyhow, onwards to more tax mitigation...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Take as read. From behind sunglasses.
    Sunglasses - check
    Beer - check
  • pinno
    Rain - check.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Rain - check.
    Gulp - very expensive wine x2 - check