Vintage Brown & Cream Paints?

SamanthaJane
SamanthaJane Posts: 27
edited October 2018 in Vintage bikes forum
Hey all! Thanks for having me.
I’m currently working on an eBike conversion and decided to get a vintage frame for it. Managed to get my hands on a nice Peugeot Mixte frame.
It’s a bit worn and rusted which is fine because I’m planning to redo the paint anyway.
I’m quite taken with the gorgeous brown and cream paint jobs on a lot of vintage style bikes and I’m looking for a brand and colour name for cream and brown, preferably in metallic, and was wondering if anyone on the forum has some recommendations from their own experience?

Many thanks,
Sam :D

Comments

• Rustoleum “Real Almond” and “Aged Copper” are on my possibles list!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Commercial refinishers/painters will have their own brands and colour charts (like Argos Cycles does) so they are unlikely to go with your own brand choice, unless it matches theirs already.

If you are painting it yourself, then just go with any reliable mainstream brand which has the colours you are after and you can buy locally.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just go the local paint factor and they will make anything you want.

#simples
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Imposter wrote:
    Commercial refinishers/painters will have their own brands and colour charts (like Argos Cycles does) so they are unlikely to go with your own brand choice, unless it matches theirs already.

If you are painting it yourself, then just go with any reliable mainstream brand which has the colours you are after and you can buy locally.

Yes, I’m painting it myself. Unfortunately there aren’t any paint shops here in the middle of nowhere so I’m having to go by internet pictures. I think I’ve found some good ones but was hoping for recommendations I can trust more than an Internet pic.
  • just go the local paint factor and they will make anything you want.

#simples
    Local paint factory? I don’t know anywhere in the entire country that manufactures paint let alone allows you to make one to your specifications. There probably are some manufacturers but they’ll work for name brand paints.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    not factory, factor. two different places.

the place that supplies paint to the motor trade.

commonly found on industrial estates - ask your local car repair shop where it is.

the factor will make up anything you want in any quantity in any form.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    not factory, factor. two different places.

the place that supplies paint to the motor trade.

commonly found on industrial estates - ask your local car repair shop where it is.

the factor will make up anything you want in any quantity in any form.

Indeed - even Halfords can do this.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • CitizenLee
    CitizenLee Posts: 2,227
    The thread is a month old so OP has probably found something by now, but if not: https://spray.bike/collections
    Current:
    NukeProof Mega FR 2012
    Cube NuRoad 2018
    Previous:
    2015 Genesis CdF 10, 2014 Cube Hyde Race, 2012 NS Traffic, 2007 Specialized SX Trail, 2005 Specialized Demo 8
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Bungle